Things that annoy you...

Tools    

But when I tried announcing I was leaving because I "had to be somewhere" or just had to go, I was met with things like: Where do you have to go? What, do you know people more important than us? That's pretty rude! Since when are you the man-about-town or some kind of party hopper? Oh, you're too important to hang out with US now? You're not going to help clean up? You're just going to eat and run? You're not going anywhere!
Geez, makes me wonder why you even went to these events in the first place seeing as how obnoxious these folks sound.

Geez, makes me wonder why you even went to these events in the first place seeing as how obnoxious these folks sound.
The weird thing is it was often the same people who had such different / opposite reactions to people leaving.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Oz is definitely not the place to be if you don’t like hot weather.
too, there's always houses just landing on people everywhere =\ danged inefficient shoe thieves.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

i dont mind if it like average hot weather but i dont like when its really hot like 30s c
That’s about 90 degrees Fahrenheit if I did the math correctly. That’s as hot as I can stand it, but it’s not as hot as some states here experience.

When restaurants get my order wrong.

I decided to treat myself to some Japanese food for lunch today and called it in to one of the sushi restaurants I frequent.

I asked for three items:

-Salmon shioyaki
-Rainbow roll with no shrimp
-Wakame salad

The employee kept repeating the order to me as salmon teriyaki, which I told her several times was wrong. I go to pick it up and... they made salmon teriyaki.

So then I had to wait for them to make the correct thing then they give me the order and I rush out without checking it because I was hungry and wanted to go home. I get home, open the containers, and... there's shrimp on the damn rainbow roll. Also the salmon - that I had to wait for - is overcooked.

I ordered three things and they screwed up two of them.

I decided to treat myself to some Japanese food for lunch today and called it in to one of the sushi restaurants I frequent.

I asked for three items:

-Salmon shioyaki
-Rainbow roll with no shrimp
-Wakame salad

The employee kept repeating the order to me as salmon teriyaki, which I told her several times was wrong. I go to pick it up and... they made salmon teriyaki.

So then I had to wait for them to make the correct thing then they give me the order and I rush out without checking it because I was hungry and wanted to go home. I get home, open the containers, and... there's shrimp on the damn rainbow roll. Also the salmon - that I had to wait for - is overcooked.

I ordered three things and they screwed up two of them.
This is what I dislike about take-out food.

You're kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If you don't check your order thoroughly, you run the risk of taking it all the way to your destination to find the order wrong, but if you decide to check it, you have to take everything out of the bag (under the wrathful gaze of the proprietor), possibly hold up the line or at least cause a delay, then, if you find something wrong and there is a line you either have to try to explain you're going to the front because there's a problem (to the anger & consternation of others in line) or go to the back of the line and wait again (while everything gets cold) to report the error.

It's a hassle either way. Same with delivery - do you invite the delivery person into your home and have them stand there while you take inventory of the bag or do you risk paying for the wrong order or have a family member go hungry?

The only solution I can think of is make it a custom for the food service provider to go through the order with each customer and re-bag it before the customer pays.

This may cause delays, but after a while people will get used to it and feel better about being assured they're getting the correct order, and ultimately it will help cut down on the delays caused by people having to come back to the counter or call a delivery place back to report an incorrect order.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I can't even count how many times restaurants have gotten my order wrong over the years. I even had two different restaurants, (TGI Fridays and Red Robin), each give me a $50 gift certificate due to too many problems. (I know that I'm a picky eater, and I order like Sally in When Harry Met Sally, but I always make sure that the server writes the order down correctly, but somehow the kitchen staff still gets my order wrong most of the time. )

In the end, I wasn't able to use the gift certificates because they never fixed the problems with the kitchen staff, so they continued to get my order wrong, and they kept comping my meals. I ended up giving the gift certificates away to friends, and I stopped going to both restaurants.

Not sure this really qualifies but ..... being told by Amazon that certain fillums can't be shipped to my address - yet once I've opted-in for another free month of Prime I'm suddenly able to order those same titles be shipped sans problem.

Robo calls are becoming a huge nuisance now especially when they know something is up for renewal. When husband’s Geico insurance was up for renewal we must have gotten a dozen calls a day offering him an alternative. How do they know a policy is due for renewal? As soon as he renewed with Geico the calls stopped.

My problem now is I expect calls from people I need to talk to, but 99% of the time I answer it’s some nonsensical call. But I have to answer the phone in case it’s a call I’m waiting for. Surely the government or somebody can fix this problem? I feel my house phone has been hijacked by these predatory people.

Robo calls are becoming a huge nuisance now especially when they know something is up for renewal. When husband’s Geico insurance was up for renewal we must have gotten a dozen calls a day offering him an alternative. How do they know a policy is due for renewal? As soon as he renewed with Geico the calls stopped.

My problem now is I expect calls from people I need to talk to, but 99% of the time I answer it’s some nonsensical call. But I have to answer the phone in case it’s a call I’m waiting for. Surely the government or somebody can fix this problem? I feel my house phone has been hijacked by these predatory people.
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=58172

What about on your mobile phone, can you block robo calls with that?
Mobile is a cheap nasty little phone used only for emergencies. Rings all the time, but I never answer.

Mobile is a cheap nasty little phone used only for emergencies. Rings all the time, but I never answer.
I thought you had an Iphone? Aren't those good phones? Or did you say you had an Ipad? (I don't remember)

I thought you had an Iphone? Aren't those good phones? Or did you say you had an Ipad? (I don't remember)
Two iPads. I’m not a phone person. Email is my preferred choice of communication & everyone knows this.

there's shrimp on the damn rainbow roll. Also the salmon - that I had to wait for - is overcooked.
#first_world_problems