Dick Cavett Shows on YouTube

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Cavett said this was his worst interview. Cassavetes just finished directing "Husbands", which is the first movie he stars in and directs.

The guys are REAL drunk... I found it interesting that Ben Gazzarra said "John doesn't drink" because he was a closet alcoholic who drank his liver to death. You can see in the early 80s how bloated his stomach got, despite him being thin in the face, etc..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF9EDAFJA4I

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Jane Fonda, Henry Fonda, Peter Fonda, his half-sister..... Mort Sahl, and a clergyman.

It's a great episode considering what was happening in the world.. Jane even gives Sahl a kiss for his usual bravery.. Mort also plugs "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" for Jane Fonda, saying "People are the ultimate spectacle".

Don't forget about the time he dropped the n-bomb with a hard "R" interviewing Eddie Murphy.

Must have been his last show.. I wonder if there's a link.

Where's all of the great director roundtables?

I really don't like Cavett as an interviewer. However, he so bad at it, that he would often have these interesting awkward conversations with guests. It was, at least, different. But he always seemed to me to be smug, ill-informed, and irritating.