What do you pay for phone and internet?

Tools    

Duplicate Account (locked)
I'm just curious. I live out in the country a distance from the main road so i have limited options, it all either has to be satellite, wireless, or cell data. I've found the cell data to be the best deal and most reliable, i pay a total of $90 a month for cellphone and hotspot. There are a couple of options that are higher quality and higher price but i don't know if i want it.

i should have included: i get the internet from a $53 hotspot, which is around 500mbps or more, and the phone is $35 which has unlimited talk/text and 3gb of data.

Google Fi for phone. Love it. $10/GB flat fee, something like $20-25 per person for unlimited calls and text, easy to use control panel. Particularly good if you mostly have your phone on you at home or work or places where it can connect to WiFi and don't need to download music or watch videos on the bus or whatever. My wife and I pay < $70 combined most months.

For Internet, Verizon FiOS. Technically we pay a fair bit, $150+ a month, but that includes cable, which we still use enough for it to make sense. Might cut the cord there eventually but with the bundle it's pretty reasonable. For the Internet side, extremely happy. Great speeds, super reliable. Streamed all day a few months ago with effectively zero issues, I can be playing games and watching videos and Courtney can stream YouTube in the other room with no issues.

Big recommend on both.

You ready? You look ready.
I pay $9.76 a month for Tracfone service, and don’t believe in data.

But I also have a company provided phone to feed my data addiction.

Cable/internet is just highway robbery these days, and living in the country means you only get once choice. But hey, you can choose to not choose and live with OTA juice.

I pay $9.76 a month for Tracfone service, and don’t believe in data.

But I also have a company provided phone to feed my data addiction.

Cable/internet is just highway robbery these days, and living in the country means you only get once choice. But hey, you can choose to not choose and live with OTA juice.

wtf is ota juice?

Over-the-air television. If you do it right you can get like 60 channels in some places.

Keep in mind it’s just subset channels from the local affiliate. So if you only have one TV station nearby

If it was good enough for the first 50-75 years of television I think it still holds value today. The overair systems are much better than they used to be. Even the indoor antennas.

Over-the-air television. If you do it right you can get like 60 channels in some places.

Keep in mind it’s just subset channels from the local affiliate. So if you only have one TV station nearby

If it was good enough for the first 50-75 years of television I think it still holds value today. The overair systems are much better than they used to be. Even the indoor antennas.

it's a pretty nice deal but very limited, i bought one of those in door antennas and it didn't work to good in my area, i got a couple of channels though.

@CringeFest: yeah it works a lot better if you get one of the outdoor ones up on the roof. We still haven’t switched over, but it’s the direction we’re headed if I can’t get our TiVos working again.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Straight Talk bill comes in around $55 for unlimited data and 15gb hotspot

I have more than enough to do all the school work I need and if we’re getting crazy, streaming on the laptop. Worse comes to worse, I can plug in the phone with a lighting/usb adapter and run on the tv using data.

The only drawback is the streaming isn’t great at times (Hudson Hawk ) It’s just not worth a $50-$60 bill to watch a movie or show once a week, for me.

I’ll pay premium for things like food and gas, but the internet isn’t worth it to me.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
1) Mobile phone: €8 ($9.43) per month. It includes: 2,000 minutes conversations in the country + additional minutes roaming in EU + unlimited internet access in the country.

2) Home pack cable TV + internet: €10 ($11.80) per month. Includes cable to my home providing 120+ TV channels (we can connect unlimited number of screens.) Internet cable to a router in my home (very satisfying speed).

Note: these costs are actually official international banks conversions, you know that they are not real.
The real value I pay for 1) €16 ($18.87) and for 2) €20 ($23.60).