R.I.P. Video Rental stores.

Tools    

I hate to say it, but in the three years since my last post, the variety of streaming movies has greatly improved. This means I won't be buying or renting much anymore. I've seen about forty films in a few months that I've been looking for, but not willing to rent. Also the quality of most of these films is much better than a physical rental.
Also that looks like a radiograph of a skull on your avatar. #respeck. I am a Rad Tech ha.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I saw a great documentary at the Florida Film Festival (it went both in-person and virtual, I got the latter) called At the Video Store. Definitely worth looking at. This was one that was highlighted in the doc, but closed down in 2017. Alan's Alley Video in NYC.

The trick is not minding
I mostly watch films on Prime, followed by Hulu and Netflix. I still will rent a few films here and there at one of the few remaining rental stores located near me, though.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Also that looks like a radiograph of a skull on your avatar. #respeck. I am a Rad Tech ha.
It's the cover of The Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Taste by Ministry.

That is the strangest AP skull I've ever seen. Where's the spine, and the upper jaw?? I was trying to figure what those fastener type objects are on either side. Perhaps this was an x-ray of a singular skull used in an anatomy class or a doctor's office?

Alan's Alley Video in NYC.
So old they didn’t even have the area code on the shopfront.

That is the strangest AP skull I've ever seen. Where's the spine, and the upper jaw?? I was trying to figure what those fastener type objects are on either side. Perhaps this was an x-ray of a singular skull used in an anatomy class or a doctor's office?
Looks like the Caldwell Method aka putting the forehead up against the xray bucky. Helps see the frontal sinuses in the forehead. Never seen those metal things. Also there are no maxilla bones (cheek bones) showing. Maybe they upped the technique and shot through it. Dunno it's a weird xray, probably why they put it on the cover of whatever it was lol

Looks like the Caldwell Method aka putting the forehead up against the xray bucky. Helps see the frontal sinuses in the forehead. Never seen those metal things. Also there are no maxilla bones (cheek bones) showing. Maybe they upped the technique and shot through it. Dunno it's a weird xray, probably why they put it on the cover of whatever it was lol
You might be right, MB. But there's enough missing to make me wonder if it isn't a detached skull sitting on a stand for anatomical purposes. That might explain the two clips. They're too high for snaps on a gown. We might have to call NCIS and ask them what they think...