70s or 80s adventure movie

Tools    

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Hey guys, im trying to find a movie. I think its from the 1970s/1980s. It was an adventure movie but im pretty sure had some comedic elements to it as well. One scence i recall is when a guy somehow elongates his hand i think to play with a cat but then elongates his entire arm and tries to steal something from a different room in the building he's in. But in the process the guy he's trying to steal from i think wakes up and burns the intruding arm with a candle.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

I've only seen the three most recent Fantastic Four movies, but could this be a scene from the 1994 version? It's the wrong decade, but things from the 90s have a tendency to look like they're older haha.

Honestly I have absolutely no idea what this might be ... but just to check - have you definitely discounted the possibility of it being Gladiator?

Hey guys, im trying to find a movie. I think its from the 1970s/1980s. It was an adventure movie but im pretty sure had some comedic elements to it as well. One scence i recall is when a guy somehow elongates his hand i think to play with a cat but then elongates his entire arm and tries to steal something from a different room in the building he's in. But in the process the guy he's trying to steal from i think wakes up and burns the intruding arm with a candle.
It sounds like Captain Sinbad (1963) starring Guy Williams from the old Lost in Space TV show.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
It sounds like Captain Sinbad (1963) starring Guy Williams from the old Lost in Space TV show.
Yes, that's definately it. I didn't think it was as old as that. Id forgotten about the giant hand at the end :-). Thanks for looking guys.