Satoshi Kon Is Dead!!!!

Tools    

今 敏
(1963 – 2010)

This is horrible.

... I am so incredibly sad right now. This man was a true genius of our time who made some of my favorite films ever (Millennium Actress, Paprika) and probably one of the greatest anime series of all time, Paranoia Agent.

Nuff said ...

A system of cells interlinked
Sorry to hear this.

It's so terrible, because you know he hadn't even made his best films yet. He was just getting started. He was in the middle of working on a new film too. About dreams. Bless this man's brilliant mind.

I know very little about this guy but obviously you hold him in high regards so for that I am sorry dude.

I know very little about this guy but obviously you hold him in high regards so for that I am sorry dude.
As a friend of mine put it, he's basically the Christopher Nolan of anime. You'd like his work, I'm sure.

As a friend of mine put it, he's basically the Christopher Nolan of anime. You'd like his work, I'm sure.
In that case, hook me up with his best work to watch, man. With a comment like that i'ma race out to watch his stuff. I heard a little bit about Paprika and how it has similar themes to that of Inception.

As you can see, he's only made a few films so far, but his television series is his masterpiece. This is a list of his complete work in the order that I think it should be considered. Kon's distinctive art style is quite a bit more "realistic" than other anime, I would say. I think that makes his work more accessible for people who typically reject anime.

1. Paranoia Agent (2004) [television series]
2. Perfect Blue (1998)
3. Millennium Actress (2001)
4. Paprika (2006)
5. Memories (1995) [one of three entries]
6. Tokyo Godfathers (2003)

The episodes are linked by a common thread, but each tells a little separate story of its own. Some can even standalone completely. The ending sort of brings them all together. A very emotional and surreal examination of the human condition. The quality of the animation is some of the best I've seen.

Put me in your pocket...
He was only 47....this is so sad. RIP Satoshi Kon. You and your talent will be greatly missed.

Welcome to the human race...
This is a bummer...Paranoia Agent and Perfect Blue were great. Now I'll definitely have to see his other work.

R.I.P.

Relax. Don't be sorry for me. I didn't know him personally or anything. I did shed a few tears of remembrance for his films, which themselves made me bawl.

It was pancreatic cancer. It was diagnosed as fatal in mid-May. I don't know what's going to happen with Yume-Miru Kikai (The Dream Machine). I'm not sure how much it can be considered his final film. We'll have to see.

He was the master of mind-f#ck.

He will be remembered, that's a good thing right?
planet news, sorry