How do you cook your bird?

Tools    

Oh my, I googled maple bacon bird and this popped up...

Mmmmmmmmmmm... Maple Bacon Turkey.

I like your spread.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
This is very late now, but I haven't had much free time to post the last two days. We actually did something similar to PW this year. Brenda threw into the center of the bird some quartered oranges and lemons as well as some thyme. I thought it pretty much tasted the same, but maybe there was just a slight extra pizzazz. Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!

You ready? You look ready.
We cooked ours all the way through.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Just found this by accident. Happy belated thanksgiving!

Last thanksgiving I saw some posters talking about burning the house down. I looked up the net and it's from putting a whole frozen turkey in the deep dryer. Good god, how big are your monster deep fryers?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
All hail Necromancer Dani!!

To respond to OP, mom always used bags. My grandma taught me to cook so I find them BLASPHEMOUS. Like you though, I melt a stick of butter and rub that baby down. A good bit of salt and pepper and that's it.

I bake it in a large, deep, foil pan uncovered. About each hour I will brush more melted butter over the entirety of the bird, possibly turning the pan if the heat is uneven. The last hour or so I'll lay a foil triangle over the breast to keep from drying out. The last 15 or so I'll remove the foil, brush on one last coat, and let the skin crisp.

No fruit. No stuffing. No frill. Just a perfectly moist meat held within a perfectly crisped golden skin that gently crackles as you carve it.

Ugh. I want to bake a turkey now. =*(

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
My bird is @Swan.

I haven't cooked him yet.

Any ideas?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Cooked it in a pit mexican style with achiote last year. Eh... The meat was supper moist but not sure about the achiote. In small quantities its fine but you need a ton of it to cook a whole turkey in and its pretty earthy stuff so it wound up tasting like it had been boiled in clay...

I'd try it again but I'd use a different rub next time. Also if you are big on presentation this isnt the way to go as you end up with a pile of meat thats basically fallen off the bone.

Ive deep fried it before and thats fun but dont overcook it. Next time I may try full out smoking it in the smoker but I'll probably want to experiment with that first before the big day so I get a better fix on time and temperature to cook something like that without drying it out or leaving it raw in the middle.

Hi. I usually cook my bird, precisely chicken, in a crispy way. You’ll need to dip the meat in eggs, then into a mixture consisting of flour, flavoured seasonings and bread crumbs. You just have to deep fry the chicken for a few minutes. Your delicious dish is ready. You can try this recipe. Goodbye!