Christine's reviews

→ in
Tools    

I hated that Oh what a lovely day **** in the first trailer. By the time I'd watched the third one it was really annoying me. However, despite how some of it looks, I really am interested in giving this a go.

Question, do I need to see the first three before I see this? I want to see them anyway, but I might go ahead and see this one first, unless you think I shouldn't.

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't have thought so. it wouldn't make financial sense to have to've seen three previous films when the most recent was 30 years ago. You don't sell to teenagers boys by telling them to go into their dad's dvd collection and watch three films. Plus, y'know, they're crap.

Question, do I need to see the first three before I see this?
I think it's fairly safe to assume that you don't need to see them first. It's been 30 years since Beyond Thunderdome and Miller would be a fool to make a film that requires prior knowledge of its story and characters to understand it after such a long time.

Also, IMO, the appeal of the films has never been the story or even Mad Max himself. It's all about the crazy visuals.

Now you know that simply isn't true.
Yes, it simply is true. Especially the part about you hating fun.

Only somebody who hates fun can dislike Mad Max and Indiana Jones.

Question, do I need to see the first three before I see this? I want to see them anyway, but I might go ahead and see this one first, unless you think I shouldn't.
No you don't need to Swan, there's no back story apart from Max being Max. He does have a few flashbacks but you don't have to be a genius to realise what they are. I do like all the other films tho.
This latest one has brilliantly kept the feel of the first one by not cgi'ing it to death.
I can never tell whether you're going to like a film HK, but this one is pure action from start to finish, with inventive vehicles and eccentric warriors!

Hmm... I wasn't planning on seeing Fury Road, but I am starting to consider the idea. It looks better done than I would have expected, but it sounds like it doesn't have much of a story. Is it just action?

Hmm... I wasn't planning on seeing Fury Road, but I am starting to consider the idea. It looks better done than I would have expected, but it sounds like it doesn't have much of a story. Is it just action?
It does have a story, but it's kinda one you piece together yourself
If I had to estimate timewise it's probably 95% action. If you like time to think while you're watching a film, well with this one you'll have to wait till afterwards!

Can't say I'm a huge fan of non-stop action type movies. The first two Mad Max films had good stories to go walong with the action.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of non-stop action type movies. The first two Mad Max films had good stories to go walong with the action.
You should see it really I think if you liked the others. ok it is non stop action, but the attention to detail is fantastic

I had no interest in Mad Max at all but all the praise will get me to the theater to see it. I still think the trailers look like a promo for the next installment of Guitar Hero but I hope I am dead wrong.

I've loved Mad Max since I was a kid and I've been excited for Fury Road ever since I first heard about it. Finally going to see it at some point today.

You know, I'm a bit surprised that Miss Vicky likes the Mad Max movies. They kinda don't seem like they'd be her thing to me. Partly because they (or they did) star Mel Gibson, and I just figure she wouldn't like anything with him.

I've loved Mad Max since I was a kid and I've been excited for Fury Road ever since I first heard about it. Finally going to see it at some point today.
Enjoy MV. If you love it then I will know what to expect.

You know, I'm a bit surprised that Miss Vicky likes the Mad Max movies. They kinda don't seem like they'd be her thing to me. Partly because they (or they did) star Mel Gibson, and I just figure she wouldn't like anything with him.
I'm not sure why you think that. I also grew up loving the Lethal Weapon series (my mom was quite fond of Gibson back in the day). Besides those, I like The Man Without A Face, Forever Young, Signs, Conspiracy Theory, and Chicken Run. I also recall liking Ransom, but I don't think I've seen it since it was in the theater.