A view from the Master.

→ in
Tools    

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Ime going to kick start this thread back up pretty soon. I've got a few reviews I wanna write. Oblivion, Jurassic Park, Pain and Gain, Ted.

Ted
Directed By: Seth Macfarlane

John makes a Christmas miracle happen by bringing his one and only friend to life, his teddy bear. The two grow up together and John must then choose to stay with his girlfriend or keep his friendship with his crude and extremely inappropriate teddy bear, Ted.

. Trivia: At one point in the movie, Ted mentions 9/11. Mark Wahlberg and Seth MacFarlane both narrowly missed being on the planes that hit the World Trade Center. Wahlberg was booked on American Airlines Flight 11 but decided to drive up to New York and fly to California later. McFarlane was scheduled on the same flight but arrived to gate ten minutes late and was unable to board. He was sitting in the airport when he saw that his plane had hit the North Tower of the World trade center.
Ted is a movie I would have found hilarious as a child. The idea of a teddy bear swearing, and drinking, and being totally outrageous would of had me laughing so hard. Don't get me wrong!, I still laughed watching it at the age of 26, but I know this movie would of been a childhood favourite of mine, just like Drop Dead Fred.

When I found out the creators of Family Guy where behind this movie I knew what to expect. I knew there would be funny jokes, stupid jokes, and crazy things all over the place, and it didn't fail to deliver. This is Seth's first full length movie, and like Family Guy, and American Dad it takes you back to your childish self. Ted has you laughing at it stupid moments, and Ted himself is outrageous fun.... I wish I had a bear like him. Ted himself steals the show, plus Mark Wahlberg is fantastic, also Mila Kunis is sexy as f***, so the movie has a little bit of everything.

Overall Ted is a great little comedy. Excellent cast, great little story, and just alot of fun.

Every time I hear that trivia tidbit, it makes me shiver. It makes you wonder how close any of us have come to death so far.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Every time I hear that trivia tidbit, it makes me shiver. It makes you wonder how close any of us have come to death so far.
Yeah, very crazy. Both must of been extremely shocked.

i didn't make it through Ted, it was turning into a Rom Com and it didn't have the sharp wit that i love from seth and crew.
great review though
Thanks. Are you a fan of Family Guy, and American Dad.?

Batman Returns
Directed By: Tim Burton

"The Greatest Comic Book movie ever"

This is my favourite Batman movie of them all. I have always swayed back and fourth with Batman Returns, and The Dark Knight, but i have finally decided Batman Returns is far more superior in every way. Ime not really a Tim Burton fan, I find alot of his movies a little to strange for my liking, But!!.... I love his Batman movies. Batman returns is everything a Batman movie should be, and more.

Neither Tim Burton nor Michael Keaton had been signed up in advance for a sequel; Burton came on board only after the script met all his demands (he hadn't been entirely happy with the first "Batman"'s screenplay), whilst Keaton only agreed to do the second film after a serious hike in salary.
Tim Burton's Batman is unique in every way, the film has so many characters yet feels so well made, and flows nicely. There are no characters going to waste, there is nothing crammed together or thrown in just for the sake of it. Everything, and everyone has a meaning, which is something comic book movies don't really do well with today. Batman Returns is probably the darkest comic book movie ever made, something Tim Burton does incredibly well, and something comic book movies are still trying to achieve now. Is it more successful for them to be dark?.. I think so, well I personally enjoy them a lot more that way, and it's part of the reason why i love this movie.

I've reviewed this movie in the past, but after a recent viewing I wanted to write a little more about why this movie is incredible. First of, the cast!. Batman Returns has an all star cast. A cast that on paper may look a little strange, but on film are all fantastic. Catwoman is the highlight of this movie for me, she's dark, cold, dangerous, and hot. Every scene she's in she steals the show. Micheal Keaton is fantastic as Bruce Wayne and Batman. He's probably my favourite actor to take on the role. All in all the cast are all exceptional.

Danny DeVito spent two hours a day in make-up. He was forbidden to describe the Penguin's makeup to anyone, including his family.
Overall Batman Returns is faultless. Everything is perfection down to the bone. The cast, the theme, the story, everything is done incredibly well, and looks amazing. This is easily the best Batman movie ever made, it's the best comic book movie ever made.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Thanks. Are you a fan of Family Guy, and American Dad.?
HUGE, HUGE fan of Seth and his shows. Watch 'em faithfully and love 'em both equally. I've even started watching Dads, which is pretty funny too.
So my bar was pretty high and Ted did start off strong but really sputtered near the mid point and then i lost interest, sadly

and reps for Batman Returns, a very serious contender for the number one spot of batman flicks. This did have a great flow and nothing was wasted or left behind, and yes, Michelle hit #1 for best catwoman with julie newmar and eartha kitt coming in a very tight second and third. That whip and her were like long time friends.

^^^^ I've actually grown to like American Dad more than Fsmily Guy now. Both great shows, but I think American Dad is more enjoyable with the later series.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Welcome back to the world of reviewing Master.

I really need to watch Batman Returns again sometime soon. It's been so long since I saw it that while I remember liking it I don't remember much more. But all the love it gets on here makes me want to revisit it.

Not seen Ted and am a little torn on it. Thought it possibly looked like fun but was put off by the Seth McFarlane effect. I'm the complete opposite of ed really in that in general I can't stand McFarlane or his work. I do actually enjoy American Dad but that's about it from him. I particularly despise Family Guy.

Nice reviews.

Welcome back to the world of reviewing Master.

I really need to watch Batman Returns again sometime soon. It's been so long since I saw it that while I remember liking it I don't remember much more. But all the love it gets on here makes me want to revisit it.

Not seen Ted and am a little torn on it. Thought it possibly looked like fun but was put off by the Seth McFarlane effect. I'm the complete opposite of ed really in that in general I can't stand McFarlane or his work. I do actually enjoy American Dad but that's about it from him. I particularly despise Family Guy.

Nice reviews.
Thanks mate. You should rewatch Batman Returns and make it your next review. I'd be interested in reading your thoughts.

Batman Returns is, indeed, the best Batman movie.
Glad to hear someone else say this.

Lord High Filmquisitor
I was never a fan of Batman Returns myself. The Penguin always struck me as a terribly weak villain (in terms of character, not just physically) and I thought that the plot of hijacking the bat-mobile was better done in the animated series. The whole Pied Piper storyline also never quite came together for me. While it was great to see Michael Keaton reprise his role, and Michelle Pfeiffer gave an incredible performance, I always thought that it was the weaker of the two Burton Batman movies and the second weakest overall.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
^^^^ I've actually grown to like American Dad more than Fsmily Guy now. Both great shows, but I think American Dad is more enjoyable with the later series.
i'm the same way. Family Guy seems to have gone every route it could while American Dad seems to continue to expand and delve deeper and deeper into its wonderfully perverse, dark humor.
Both are great, but i look forward to Dad more, recently.

Have you checked out Bob's Burgers? Equally hilarious off-beat fare