Optimus Reviews

→ in
Tools    

Optimus , I like the way you set out your reviews. I'm a bit rubbish at getting my thoughts in order in mine, when I read them back they always sound disjointed!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
very good reviews for some really good movies.

Since you're a fan of Denzil Washington, have you seen 2 Guns? You might enjoy it. I won't say anything about it and leave it open for ya to enjoy on your own, should you consider to.

Will be coming back for more!
Thanks

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Thanks guys. Ive been busy lately but ill be posting more pretty soon.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No
Directed By: Anthony C. Ferrante

The Story
This is the first movie i have seen in The Sharknado Trilogy and all i can really say is WOW. Going into this movie i knew what to expect. I mean the movie is called Sharnado 3: Oh Hell No... so its obviously a movie that doesnt take its self seriously, well it cant do can it? After all it does star Tara Reid. Anyway, i knew this movie was crazy, cheap looking, and cheesy as hell just from the trailers. But what i didn't know was that you had to times how Fu**** bad this movie is x10. Seriously, the story is so so so bad. The cast are so so so bad, and the movie is so so so... You get the point. How the hell do people like this movie, and how the hell has it made it to a trilogy.

Movie Trivia: Most of the production crew from the original Sharknado (2013) were hired to work on this film. However, most of the crew were fired when they asked for a union contract.

The production crew went on strike on March 3, 2015. The majority of the film was shot with a replacement crew of unskilled technicians.

During the first view of the inside of the armored RV, license plates can be seen on the wall, including the plate from the original "Jaws" movie.

There is a rumor that Daniel Radcliffe has expressed interest in making a cameo appearance in the film.

Chris Jericho's character is called Bruce, an reference to the shark from Jaws which was known as Bruce on set.

The Cast
The Cast are embarassing to put it nicely. I couldn't tell if they where that bad on purpose or if they truely are that bad full stop. I cant help but think that a gang of random people from the street would of done a better job, because i know i certainly would have. The Dialogue, the performances, the cheesy lines and quotes, everything is just to cringy and really embarassing. I found myself hiding behind my hands most of the movie.

Things I Liked
Ermmmmmmm, nothing. Seriously, i cant think of one little thing that i could possibly praise about this movie. Maybe the end credits, or maybe the beginning before it had even started. You really do have to see this movie to believe how bad it is.

Verdict
Bad. Really, really, really bad. Terrible story, terrible acting, terrible visuals. And The funny thing is i expected all this, but i just didnt realise how bad it all really was. How anyone has sat through 3 of these movies ill never know.

I haven't even bothered with either of the Sharknado films. Seems like a waste of time. Same goes for those Human Centipede films, though I watched the first, but quickly found out why I should just stay away from the rest.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I haven't even bothered with either of the Sharknado films. Seems like a waste of time. Same goes for those Human Centipede films, though I watched the first, but quickly found out why I should just stay away from the rest.
Now thats an idea - The Sharkipede.

Yeah, that movie is just awful. A disgrace to television. I would say to give the first one a try, as it has better acting performances all around and understands that when crafting an intentionally dumb plot less is more (things like staying in 1 location and using practical weapons like guns and chainsaws and explosives instead of space lasers or Sharknado hunting trucks help), but I feel like if you were introduced to the franchise with the third one there's no way you could possibly like the others.

I have to return some videotapes.
I really like your style for your reviews. Looks like that's the consensus opinion on Sharknado 3

I have to return some videotapes.
American Psycho
Directed By: Mary Harron

Plot Summary: Patrick Bateman is handsome, well educated and intelligent. He is twenty-seven and living his own American dream. He works by day on Wall Street, earning a fortune to complement the one he was born with. At night he descends into madness, as he experiments with fear and violence.

American Psycho has got to be one of the strangest movie experiences of my life. It's a movie that is awkward and so tense that it gives off a really un-easy feeling while your watching the film. This is a movie that's very dark, disturbing and actually quite sickening. It's a movie that can have you laughing one minute, and then have you covering your eyes the next. It's also a very clever movie that is slick, stylish and very well made by Mary Harron. American Psycho is a blend of horror and humour and it's a fantastic film that's a pleasure to watch.

The one thing I will praise above all else in American Psycho is Christian Bales performance. Patrick Bateman is a serial killer like no other. He's so strange, so creepy, and so weird that you find your self laughing at scenes that you probably shouldn't be laughing at. It's a fantastic performance from Christian Bale and he delivers one of his finest performances yet. ( especially without his stupid batman voice).

Overall American Psycho is a very good movie. Great cast, great performances, and some very cool soundtracks. It's a very disturbing movie that will still make you have a laugh <<< sounds strange, but it's true.
LOVE your review on this. You basically hit all the high points that I saw. Really glad you liked it.

That career suicide thing was a really cool quote. He's so awesome

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, I admittedly enjoyed the first Sharknado at first but my opinion of it cooled a bit once I realised that they were leaning into the badness a little too hard to be truly enjoyable. I caught the second one earlier this year and was extremely underwhelmed even by the low standards of the first. The third looks even worse, but I wouldn't rule out me avoiding it.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Orphan
Directed By: Jauma Collet-Serra

The Story
Ive never really been a horror movie fan. Don't get me wrong i love all the old school classics like Halloween, Jason, and Freddy, but what i dont like is the junk that they throw around today. Pointless remakes, pointless sequels, and endless bloody Saw movies hit are screens every year and none of them have any oringinality at all. Anyway, over the weekend me and my girlfriend decided to check The Orphan out and i must admit i was actually very surprised. The story was actually quite frightening, the horror was a little disturbing and the story was very interesting. The ending was very clever, and the movie its self was a pretty good horror movie, well compared to what around these days anyway.

Movie Trivia: The subtle uneasiness of the film's poster is due to the image of Esther's face: it's perfectly symmetrical. Half of her face has been mirrored to form a whole face (notice the identical twists of hair on each side).
Esther was originally written as having fair skin, delicate features, and platinum blonde hair. Isabelle Fuhrman doesn't fit this description. However, the filmmakers were so impressed with her auditions that they cast her anyway.

Isabelle Fuhrman auditioned for the part of Esther while wearing an old-fashioned dress and ribbons around her wrists and neck.

Isabelle Fuhrman won the 2009 Fright Meter Award for Best Actress for her performance.

Warner Bros. edited the movie's trailer to remove Esther's line "It must be hard to love an adopted child as much as your own" after receiving numerous complaints from adoptive parents and foster care organizations. The line remains in the movie itself.

The Cast
The cast was pretty strong for a horror movie. Now ime not saying there great, but there certainly better than the half naked screaming teenagers that seem to star in modern horror movies around today. The little girl played by Isabelle Fuhrman was fantastic. She's a very disturbing character and a character that really captures the horror of the movie. Everything from her voice to her behaviour is perfect and its a really nice change from other movie serial killers.

Movie Highlight
My movie hightlight of The Orphan has to be the ending. Its a very clever twist which i did not see coming. The ending really delivers that shock moment that horror movies need and this movie delivers that perfectley.

Things I Like
I think i enjoyed this movie so much because it wernt scared to push the boundarys. There where some moments that i thought where a little disturbing and i thought the movie as a whole was very brave. I also liked the whole setting of the movie. The location, the characters, the look and feel, everything added to the suspense and horror of the story.

My Verdict
Overall a very solid horror movie thats certainly better than most horror's around today. Great cast, great story and a very shocking ending. I really enjoyed The Orphan and would recommend it to everyone.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Glad you liked it, Optimus! I had it on my horror list, don't know if you remember, so obviously it's nice to see a positive review and rating for it!
I need to get over to that thread, i haven't been on here that much lately so i have a lot of catching up to do.

Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No
Directed By: Anthony C. Ferrante

The Story
This is the first movie i have seen in The Sharknado Trilogy and all i can really say is WOW. Going into this movie i knew what to expect. I mean the movie is called Sharnado 3: Oh Hell No... so its obviously a movie that doesnt take its self seriously, well it cant do can it? After all it does star Tara Reid. Anyway, i knew this movie was crazy, cheap looking, and cheesy as hell just from the trailers. But what i didn't know was that you had to times how Fu**** bad this movie is x10. Seriously, the story is so so so bad. The cast are so so so bad, and the movie is so so so... You get the point. How the hell do people like this movie, and how the hell has it made it to a trilogy.
May God have mercy on my tortured soul....I like the Sharknado movies. I know that it's just a substitute for worse habits like heroin and binge drinking, but thankfully it's only two lost hours out of my life and I'm even legal to drive afterwards. I guess it was because I grew up on much worse "Z" movies, like the kind that still are shown by Svengoolie, but whatever it is that wells up from the pits of horror in my mind, SyFy is there to soothe the beast.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Sisters
Directed By: Jason Moore

The Story
The story is pretty much your typical lets throw a party and get laid concept. The only difference this time is the party is thrown by 2 middle aged sisters, so the idea feels a little more fresh and a little more different. I know the whole party story is worn out these days due to every bloody comedy using it, but sisters does feel a liitle different, and the story is quite fun.

Movie Trivia: Paula Pell wrote the two roles of the sisters just for Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

Pazuzu, the name of the imposing drug dealer played by John Cena, is also the name of the demon that possesses the young girl (Regan MacNeil, played by Linda Blair) in The Exorcist (1973).

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler have previously worked together in Mean Girls (2004) and Baby Mama (2008).
The Cast
The cast are fantastic. And the chemistry between Amy Poehler and Tina Fey really make this movie work. There on screen chemistry is hillarious and you could actually believe they were sisters in the real world just of there performances. All around the cast are great, and i think thats why this movie works so well.

Movie Highlight
My movie highlight has got to be the party itself. If it can go wrong it does and it makes for some really funny moments. Some of the guests are hillarious, and theres one guest at the party that does his very own scarface impression that had me crying with laughter.

Verdict
Overall Sisters is a very funny movie. It has a solid cast with great chemistry that deliver what i consider a very good comedy. If you haven't seen this movie then i would recommend it to anyone who likes a a good comedy film.

I mean the movie is called Sharnado 3: Oh Hell No... so its obviously a movie that doesnt take its self seriously, well it cant do can it? After all it does star Tara Reid.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Mad Max: Fury Road
Directed By: George Miller

The Story
What story? Is there a story?..... Who cares. Mad Max is one crazy, insane, fun fueled ride that never lets you catch your breath. What the movie lacks in plot it makes up for with some of the best action ive ever seen on the big screen. Its exciting from the moment the movie starts till the moment the movie it finishes.

The Cast
Tom Hardy is one of the best actors around at the moment, and as much as i loved him in this movie as Max it was Charlize Theron that completly stole the show. Both where great, but Charlize Theron (Furiosa) was just badass. Everything from her look, to her attitude was just spot on.

Movie Trivia:Over 80% of the effects seen in the film are real practical effects, stunts, make-up and sets. CGI was used sparingly mainly to enhance the Namibian landscape, remove stunt rigging and for Charlize Theron's left hand which in the film is a prosthetic arm.

The jacket worn by Tom Hardy is a replica of the one worn by Mel Gibson in the second two movies of the original trilogy. The Gibson jacket was found in storage at Kennedy-Miller and copied heavily.

According to George Miller the film's storyboard was made even before the screenplay. The reason behind that was because Miller envisioned the film as a continuous chase, with little dialogue and focusing on the visuals. The storyboard was made with the collaboration of five artists and had about 3,500 panels.
Movie Highlight
Mad Max was easily my favourite movie of 2015. I would even go as far as to say its my favourite movie of the last 10 years, so for me Mad Max as a whole was just a highlight. Non stop edge of your seat action was a highlight, the cast where a highlight, the whole look and feel of the movie was a highlight, Mad Max Fury Road was one big highlight.

Verdict
Overall flawless. Seriously, this movie was just fantastic and i can't wait for a sequel. If you havn't yet seen this movie then you really really should.