What movie is this?

Tools    

Hello. I have a scene from a movie stuck in my head, but I can't think of the movie, and It's driving me nuts.

The scene involves an outpost/city that has a wall to keep out the jungle from taking it over. The wall has an automated thing that goes around killing the jungle growth just outside the walls.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Verron

Jeez, I completely missed that one. I did look at the forum titles before I posted. My apologies.

I've definitely seen this. I remember that scene. But I also can't remember the movie haha.

I think the scene takes place near the start of the movie, and from memory the jungle is growing rapidly and you see a vine move.

Yeah, I wish I could remember a face or something so I had an actor to look up. I'm not even sure why the movie is stuck in my head. Memories are weird.

Thanks for replying. At least I know I'm not crazy now. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks,
Verron

Yeah, I wish I could remember a face or something so I had an actor to look up. I'm not even sure why the movie is stuck in my head. Memories are weird.

Thanks for replying. At least I know I'm not crazy now. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks,
Verron
Memories are weird – I've just reminded myself having had my own 30-year old film question answered .

I couldn't tell you what film it is, only that the ideas are familiar. One of the recent Planet of the Apes films looked like there was a lot of wild jungle around but I'm really clutching at straws.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Hello. I have a scene from a movie stuck in my head, but I can't think of the movie, and It's driving me nuts.

The scene involves an outpost/city that has a wall to keep out the jungle from taking it over. The wall has an automated thing that goes around killing the jungle growth just outside the walls.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Verron
Off the top of my head:
The Maze Runner
Monsters
The Ruins?

Any more details you can think of of? Genre? What time period do you think it was set in? Any guess on what decade it might have come out?

All the best of luck with it!

Off the top of my head:
The Maze Runner
Monsters
The Ruins?

Any more details you can think of of? Genre? What time period do you think it was set in? Any guess on what decade it might have come out?

I love Monsters – haven't seen the sequel. I don't remember any vehicles in that doing that job though.

Off the top of my head:
The Maze Runner
Monsters
The Ruins?

Those are all good thoughts, but none of them are it. I believe it was a Sci-Fi type movie as opposed to a horror type. With that being said, I could be wrong though. My memory of this is very fuzzy.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Verron
This sounds like an episode of The Outer Limits from the 80s.

"The Outer Limits" Rite of Passage (TV Episode 1998)

OMG, I figured it out! It's Aeon Flux!

Thanks everyone for your help!

Nice one!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Woah. I came on to suggest aeon flux grrr. lol. I just started it on Amazon prime and saw the bulb spraying stuff over the city wall. Wondered if that was it. Glad you figured it out though!!