Predator 30th Anniversary - Chat Room

Tools    

Exactly 5 weeks away, might as well get a thread going for it.

Huge thanks to Yods for saying he'll open the Chat Room for us again

Saturday 10th June 2017
The MoFo 30th Anniversary Celebration Of Predator

3 showings allow for time zone discrepancies

First Showing
6am - Central USA
12 noon - British Time
1pm - European Time
9pm - Central Australia

Second Showing
12 noon - Central USA
6pm - British Time
7pm - European Time
3am Sunday - Central Australia

Third Showing
4pm - Central USA
10pm - British Time
11pm - European Time
7am Sunday - Central Australia

Basically, check your time zones with all that ^^

The Predator Anniversary will also give us some practice for the newer members on the site as well in prep for RoboCop Day in July, Simon Pegg Day in October and The Star Wars Weekend in December

Hope to see you showing up

Don't forget, all schedules for MoFo Weekends and Movie Days can be found HERE on the 3rd post of the main thread.

I'm going to try and join Sunday. I will just be getting back from vacation but the time should work. Haven't seen it in years and who doesn't want to see Jesse the body fire a gatlin gun.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
How does this work, Rattus?

Well, check your time zone with the show times I posted to see which would be best for you...

What then happens is at the top of the main MoFo Homepage is a link to the Chat Room will appear... there's a small build up to the movie, say, an hour or so... and everyone who wants to join in the viewing get the DVD/Blu-Ray ready in the player.
Then, at go-time, I tend to then have a multiple post countdown when the time is nearing like "1 minute!" and "30 seconds!" and "15 seconds!" and so on... then I get excited and post an erratic all-caps "GO GO GO GO!", and everyone hits play on their remotes at the same time.

We all then sit and watch and type in the Chat Room at the same time, talk about the movie, have fun et al while we're watching.
The Chat is live-updating, so messages are instant... unlike the Shoutbox which needs refreshing to see new posts.

You in Aus?
Just mind that the "Sunday time" is for Aussies only. Time zones and all that.
Oh shoot, didn't notice that. I will be driving all day Saturday, bummer.

Sounds fun. I havent rewatched this for a while.

Dang... Sean, you'll have to get a DVD player in the car
Watching while driving
That's really unsafe Rodent...I will let the eight year old drive

That's really unsafe Rodent...I will let the eight year old drive
LOL. Great comeback!

I'll defo be making it to all 3 showings tbh. I'll be needed to keep the times down. Man, watching Predator 3 times in one day...

I totally haven't ever done that before

TWO WEEKS TO GO FOR PREDATOR!!!
Thanks for the reminder, rattus. My goldfish brain forgot this.

Coool

Hope we get a few on this, Predator is fun
Predator is great fun. Actually scared me a bit the first time I saw it. And I love that dude's rastafarian hair do. Pretty schmick. I wonder how he kept his dreadies clean and neat.

Has SC said if he's joining us or not. Definitely think i'd make more of an effort to be here if SC is joining us... this isn't a transparent effort to convince SC to join coz he's great, honestly.

Nerdgasm time... They're not dreads

They're growths, with a similar function as hair in the way they look, but are made of flesh.