MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2017 - The Regular Season

Tools    

If the idea is just to accumulate first round picks, it's not hard: you just have to give up a ton of depth. Which means you have to have a ton of depth. Which means you have to nab a lot of valuable guys in the middle and late rounds of the draft.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm off to an insanely poor start. Just a combination of bad hitting, and tough luck with 3 really good closers having no saves at all.

I'm not gonna veto the deal, but from my side it sure looks a little one sided. And yeah, Rob. Why help Chris? Has he ever finished out of the top 3 in this thing? Just sayin...

I'm off to an insanely poor start. Just a combination of bad hitting, and tough luck with 3 really good closers having no saves at all.
Yeah, that closer thing is definitely weird.

Bad starts are particularly annoying because they make you want to take action, but since it means players are underperforming, it makes them a little harder to trade at a fair value, so they usually just have to be waited out.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm not gonna veto the deal, but from my side it sure looks a little one sided. And yeah, Rob. Why help Chris? Has he ever finished out of the top 3 in this thing? Just sayin...
7 of 8 years first or second place. Yeah the guy knows what he's doing....

Well, Felix for Keuchel is close to a wash at this point. Oh's struggling early and Holland looks terrific (and has the track record to suggest it's real). Which leaves Stanton and Gonzalez for Rizzo, who's also off to a slow start.

I think Rizzo will be fine, and Oh probably will be (less track record, though), but that's a lot of depth going out the door, and a lot of risk on the other end. I like taking those kinds of risks, but they don't always work out.

A system of cells interlinked
Lem and I discussed how we thought Yoda was giving up too much, so I think that means the trade is probably just fine.

Lem and I discussed how we thought Yoda was giving up too much, so I think that means the trade is probably just fine.
Sorry PW, but Im of Seds & Lems mindset. When I saw the offer I couldnt believe how much talent I was getting. My HR totals will even be stronger with Stanton & Agon. As for Felix, who gives a crap. Yall know how I play, and I refuse to start or keep a player that just doesnt get it done. I trhink Ill sit Felix as Joe Ross will be returning soon, and Ive 7 SPs at this point. I only need 6.

I told Yoda in PM, but this trade is a little Freaky Friday as he was the one coming in heavy with the offer, a Tongo trait if there ever was one.

Btw everyone, I already mailed the $200 to Sean. Breath easy as the prize money is being held by a sounder mind than mine.

.......and how about that Alex Cobb! Thats my boy.

Stanton getting all his homers out of the way tonight before the trade

Stanton getting all his homers out of the way tonight before the trade
Yeah, bittersweet. Never know how to feel about that sort of thing.

That second Stanton homer was the kind only he hits, too: that ridiculous liner that leaves the yard in about a second and a half.