The Upgrade Bug Report Thread

Tools    

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
I am curious. It says Profile Picture: in our privacy settings, and we can choose either friends, registered members, or everyone. Is this something we have yet? I don't see a place for it, or the albums, in our profile page. I'm assuming we don't have them yet, but will either of them come to be? I ask because I've never been a fan of sharing pictures on-line. For the most part, anyway. It's too public. This I would do. Since I can set it to friends only.
I was wondering the same thing.

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

hey this is prolly not an issue with the upgrade, but I wonder if anyone else has it as well: when I log out, it gives me an error "failed to log you out" message (has for years), and I have to double click it. is that normal?

are you guys pulling my leg? the system logs you out eventually, even if you dont log off. im pretty sure of it!

are you guys pulling my leg? the system logs you out eventually, even if you dont log off. im pretty sure of it!

yeah it does, buy I don't like it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I don't know if this is an issue or if anyone else is having the same 'problem', but I no longer see the New Reputation notice at the top of the page when I log on. I have received at least 5 reps in the past couple days and not once did it appear. I only took notice to this when Mark posted a comment on my page about the 'Listening Thread'

I could just be blind, but was hoping for an answer.

Suspect's Reviews

No, I have yet to be notified on those since the upgrade. I was just waiting, assuming that he knew about it, and would get to it in time. If not, then maybe I should have pointed it out. Oops!

yeah it does, buy I don't like it.
No, it was only doing that right after the upgrade, because the default was set for the "Remember me" box to 'not' be checked. It's set right now, so as long as you don't sign yourself out anymore, you won't be . . . unless you do a window wash. If you don't know what that is, then you haven't done one.

It removes your history, cookies, etc . . .

i dont see nebsy, so it mustve logged her out! unless I'm blind.

If you don't move for fifteen minutes, it 'appears' that you are gone, but once you open the message board page again, or start clicking on things again, you are still signed in. Unless you logged out before you left.

No, I have yet to be notified on those since the upgrade. I was just waiting, assuming that he knew about it, and would get to it in time. If not, then maybe I should have pointed it out. Oops!

No, it was only doing that right after the upgrade, because the default was set for the "Remember me" box to 'not' be checked. It's set right now, so as long as you don't sign yourself out anymore, you won't be . . . unless you do a window wash. If you don't know what that is, then you haven't done one.

It removes your history, cookies, etc . . .

Phew! Well thats good news!

I don't know if this is an issue or if anyone else is having the same 'problem', but I no longer see the New Reputation notice at the top of the page when I log on. I have received at least 5 reps in the past couple days and not once did it appear. I only took notice to this when Mark posted a comment on my page about the 'Listening Thread'
Not just you -- that was a custom modification that I'll need to re-apply in some form. I'll probably try to integrate it with the new Notifications dropdown that's appearing.

Also, Destiny is correct about the Who's Online page. If you specifically log out, it takes you off the list immediately -- otherwise, after 15 minutes of inactivity the system assumes you've left.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
One more quick thing here.

It says I have a notification in the top corner, when I click on it nothing drops down. I have no idea what this notification can be. I checked my friends list, comments, rep...nothing.

Are you sure its not a new rep? I've been getting the same drop down and every time it does I have a new rep. Check the time stamp on your latest rep and see if that's it.

I think Yoda is going to be able to bring back the rep notification thing pretty soon because it was just yesterday was the first time I received a "new notification" when I got a rep.

Did the New notification pop up on the rep I just shot you?

This isn't related to the new upgrade, but I figure since you're fixin' stuff, is it possible to set the little quick search option to do a search of entire posts automatically? Because it's of little use right now seeing as how it only searches post titles.

Are you sure its not a new rep? I've been getting the same drop down and every time it does I have a new rep. Check the time stamp on your latest rep and see if that's it.

I think Yoda is going to be able to bring back the rep notification thing pretty soon because it was just yesterday was the first time I received a "new notification" when I got a rep.
I thought I might have fixed this last night. You guys are getting the Notification menu when you get new rep, but no actual "New Reputation" text when you bring the menu up?

This isn't related to the new upgrade, but I figure since you're fixin' stuff, is it possible to set the little quick search option to do a search of entire posts automatically? Because it's of little use right now seeing as how it only searches post titles.
Unfortunately I have to pick one or the other by default, and I find the title search to be more helpful for what I see most new members searching for. You can choose "Advanced Search" to specify the options you'd prefer, of course.

I thought I might have fixed this last night. You guys are getting the Notification menu when you get new rep, but no actual "New Reputation" text when you bring the menu up?

Correct. I get the "New Notification" thing and when I drop that down to see if its a new message or rep or comment it just says New Notification again. That's only for rep though. If I have a comment it says new comment or new message and such. But if I have new reputation it just says "New Notification" and I can't click it or anything. Since yesterday its always been a new rep though.