New Car

Tools    

Radioactive Spider Blood
I'd buy a forest green Toyota MR2 Spyder convertible with a brown top.... oogle

Looke here

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

Originally posted by sadesdrk
I want a Dodge Viper convertable. Anyone wanna buy me one...
Actually, I was going to buy you one of those, but you didn't like my movie, so I changed my mind.

My mother bought a Mazda Miata last summer, and she just loves it. Those BMWs are sweet looking, but I would be concerned about reliability. I've not known anyone who had any problems with their BMWs, though (at least not late model ones), so it may be just my personal experience with a German car that would personally make me hesitant to purchase a BMW. Treat it well (change the oil on time, etc), it'll probably do just as well as anything else. And I think BMW is a better run company than Audi/VW (parts are hard to get for Audis sometimes).

I'm probably going to be getting a Nissan Altima for my next car (in a few weeks. I'm waiting until I move into a new apartment, though, so my upstairs neighbor doesn't key my new car like he did my Audi).

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Parts for VW's are expensive and they tend to rape you when it comes to maintenance.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Goodf3lla.- sorry for your loss, and for having to deal with some rich snob loser.

my favorite car was my 1977 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40. i painted it matte navy blue with a light grey primer roof. she was a beauty, a bumpy, loud, steel-bumpered beauty. but the gas mileage was so horrible, and i was worried the engine was gonna go.....it had 175,000 miles on it. i sold her fifteen minutes after posting a for sale sign on the window.

as for fantasy cars.......I LOVE olderstyle Jags- long, skinny, flat and SO GORGEOUS. i also can't help- but drool when i see little convertable Mercedes, and Beemers. i don't think i've ever seen a Rolls.

i would like to own a Toyota Celica or MR2........but i'm happy with my rather scratched up little pick-up.

Toose, GO FOR THE LITTLE BMW!
and GOODF3LLA, you guys have the coolest little mini cars there........i wish we had them here.

gone
You do have them there don't you?

Well they may have started off in Britain, but now they're 100% German (BMW owned) and the new model was shown at some Detriot show were BMW have already recieved 10, 000 pre-orders!

The New Mini is coming to the US, but they aren't here quite yet.

Hey Ryan:
Thanks for the great suggestions. I don't know what I'm going to do.. I'm not in an emergency situation so I'm going to take my time. How were repair costs etc. for the audi? I had a VW once and they were astronomical.

Sadie:
I was walking in our visitor garage today and there was a red viper parked in there. I thought of you and walked over there to check it out. I cupped my hand around my face to peek in and I heard this *CLICK* and this booming voice "STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE!" I freaking screamed like a little girl. It was so loud it echoed through the garage. I'm cracking up writing this though. In fact, I think I'm gonna go mess with it now...

Repair costs have been HUGE for my Audi. Even relatively simple things like hoses are at least three times what they would be for a Honda. And getting parts has been a nightmare, it took months to get an Air Conditioner hose, and the only reason I got it as fast as I did was because the Office of the Attorney General of Texas called Audi on my behalf (actually, I got the car repaired with a hose found at a junkyard, but I had already involved the Attorney General's Office, so when Audi eventually offered the hose for free, I took it just in case I ever needed another one).

It also takes considerable time to get in for service. When I had a broken bushing, I had to wait five weeks to get in to fix it. In Dallas, there was a month wait to get in for the oil changes (they come free for the first 50K miles) and standard service that the car requires. The dealerships can also be pretty incompetent. A dealership fixing a common A4 problem (one so common that Audi paid for 80% of the cost of repair) for me caused damage to the engine that required me buying a completely new engine a few months later (actually, I bought a used engine, but it was still mucho expensive. Of course, picking that used engine, which actually had fewer miles than my original engine, ended up meaning that my Audi can no longer pass exhaust tests since it leaks oil into the exhaust system and that burns off every time I start the car. That's for an engine with 40K miles on it.)

And when the OKC dealership dropped my car off, they left it for me with a dead battery and left it in a random parking lot (while taking the key back to OKC with them) and didn't bother to inform me that they left the car or where they left it. It took three days for me to track it down and six weeks to get my key back.

And to top it off, the car is apparently developing an electrical problem. The stereo is freaking out, the cruise control isn't working properly. Oh, and the air conditioning isn't cooling anymore. This all on a car that is only 3.5 years old.

I would never buy an Audi again. Other people have had good luck with them, but I have had nothing but trouble.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Toose
Sadie:
I was walking in our visitor garage today and there was a red viper parked in there. I thought of you and walked over there to check it out. I cupped my hand around my face to peek in and I heard this *CLICK* and this booming voice "STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE!" I freaking screamed like a little girl. It was so loud it echoed through the garage. I'm cracking up writing this though. In fact, I think I'm gonna go mess with it now...
That's what I want. A Dodge Viper that talks." Where to this evening, Miss Sadie?" heh-heh.

Now With Moveable Parts
WHOO-HOO! I likey that!

Ryan......MAN what a nightmare - your Audi! you have had some really rotten luck. i would expect one to go postal after all that.

and Toose, you got me laughing i can just see and hear you "screaming like a girl". so is carrying a gun and threatening someone like that, legal?