QuickTime

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'm trying to get QuickTime on this computer, but the firewall won't allow me to install it from the Apple Server. I tried downloading the standalone version, but it still requires a connection even though it says it doesn't. Anyone know where I can get the install that doesn't require a connection??
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Some games require QuickTime and so they'll come with an install program for QT on the disc. I have QT4, but need QT5.

Maybe you should make a new section for Technical things regarding watching trailers, Home Entertainment questions, and other stuff. Ya know...

Yeah, maybe. I'll have to think it over. Usually I create a new forum when I see a lot of threads in some other forum (usually the General Movie Discussion) on a particular topic, that I could move to populate the new forum instantly. I'll keep an eye open.

That wasn't what I meant, but hey, I guess this is ok.

I meant that a new forum thing would work here if it dealt with that stuff...not this thread. Like I said though, it works fine here too.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Spud, for the new versions you have to be online. Once you download the installer it streams the rest of the stuff off the website as it installs, don't think there is another way.