Let's give the moderators a round of applause

Tools    

That's Lloyd Benson (for those of you who don't know, which is probably everyone but me, Mark, Yoda and Captain Steel). Lloyd Benson made that line famous during a Presidential debate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senato...o_Jack_Kennedy
I knew who he was and I'm a 23 year old Belgian...

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Probably. Not my fault though... it was that other guy calling people Knotzys.
He doesnt have enough hair for Yods. Yods is genetically blessed in that deprtment.

LOL MamaYods!!! Potty mouth. Yods, your mama needs to be flogged for swearing.

Repped it at the time, would do it again if re-posted.
How about this... Each time i leave a quote in very old posts and they get replies then i get a rep?? . I like reading old posts, so i would be bringing old threads up to date.

Was that a record for the fastest deleting of a spammer? I couldnt even get a report in it went up in smoke so fast. Good job.

Nah, that last one was 25 seconds. We've gotten rid of them that fast or faster a bunch of times. I think the record is 12 seconds.
Was that the spammer that chose me?

Eww what did he choose you for, Dannii? That's a bit creepy.

No the one I was referring to got nuked before I could even report him. Must be the same guy who keeps spamming a torrent site that Cynema (I think) previously saw was full of malware.

They're not very bright. Some of them end up expending a fair bit of energy on posts that are removed almost instantly.

I get why people use spambots, at least. Very little effort once they're set up. But the by-hand stuff? Oof. What a waste. That stuff is disproportionately likely to be outsourced by some faux "marketing" company. Usually hired by a legitimate business who doesn't realize what they're paying for beyond some nebulous promotion. A few times, I've contacted the businesses they were advertising directly to let them know what was going on.

A few times, I've contacted the businesses they were advertising directly to let them know what was going on.
Did they ever get back to you?

I don't remember too many specifics off the top of my head, but I've heard back from some of them, yes. Always apologetic. Really don't think most of them know what's going on. They just hire someone who promises to drive traffic to their site or increase their search engine rankings, and they have no idea it's being done by spamming blogs and forums.

I was always curious about that on imdb. Wondered how many PR firms knew what on earth shills were getting up to over there.

Eww what did he choose you for, Dannii? That's a bit creepy.

No the one I was referring to got nuked before I could even report him. Must be the same guy who keeps spamming a torrent site that Cynema (I think) previously saw was full of malware.
I thought that read naked instead of nuked! . I received a PM asking me to log on to a link, something about coinbits, it was new to me but did seem dodgy, i don't receive anything like that when i use my computer at work.