The Best Thing(s) About Christmas

Tools    

What pumps your Christmas spirit?
20.00%
2 votes
Family: Even the weird, distant, third cousins!
50.00%
5 votes
Presents: Giving....
60.00%
6 votes
Presents: Recieving...( duh ).
10.00%
1 votes
Decorating! Stockins, the tree, mistletoe, garland
60.00%
6 votes
Misc. Reasons: (egg nog,T.V.specials,the Spirit of X-mas)
0%
0 votes
Bah Humbug!
10 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Now With Moveable Parts
That's the charm of Betty, spud.
Sweet and Innocent on the outside...wicked to the core!

* buy me one of those T-shirts. I command thee!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I didn't know that Victoria's Secrets had a new men's cologne. Why didn't you tell me Sadie.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Spud...I wouldn't know. I work the graveyard shift for the Sanitation Department...remember?! The only new smells I'm aware of...is Ode De FishGuts. Want me to bottle some up for you?

Female assassin extraordinaire.
HEY! I love eggnog!! nog = to drink. only the british can come up with such things, like "snog" - to kiss/make out. come now, such verbage is fun!!

i'm a creamy kinda gal. i love all things cream. or um, most. so, eggnog is mighty satisfying ... i like it cold or at least lukewarm, not hot, cuz then it's thinner and not as cool. alcohol or not, i like it, but sometimes the alcohol overpowers the eggnoggy taste.

most of all, i like the vacation time - i hibernate, avoid people, and enjoy the freedom from society knowing that everyone else out there is doing the same. enjoying xmas AWAY from peers and school and work, etc. you may have to deal with family, but some people are into that sorta thing.

i put receiving presents but I equally like to give. you're right, T, nothing better than finding something perfect for someone - you're a bit of an Xmas champion when you do that, you know. it's a rare skill and a wonderful return when you see their face light up - esp if it was a surprise and they

1) never told you directly or within the last two months that they wanted it so that THEY didn't think you knew - this makes them feel like you read their mind or are some incredible, fantastic person- or both (this ensures you will get kick@ss presents from them, as well , and they'll always be very nice to you )

or 2) didn't think anyone was going to get it for them for whatever reason (ie, you hinted you were getting some other item to throw them off the sent or flat out lied and said you couldn't afford it, etc etc). then they'll be all shocked and triple-y happy that YOU, marvelous person that you are, cared enough to make the sacrifice and did it anyway so, they'll think you're incredible and will give you kick@ss presents and always be very nice to you.

... i hate Christmas specials though. i hate christmas themed tv, it's usually boring. but i do enjoy general tv, cuz then i get to watch all the stuff i never haved time for, like HGTV, and comedy central. etc.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by thmilin
... i hate Christmas specials though. i hate christmas themed tv, it's usually boring. but i do enjoy general tv, cuz then i get to watch all the stuff i never haved time for, like HGTV, and comedy central. etc.
Surely you watch the Grinch That Stole Christmas, or A Christmas Story...I mean, thmmie, you strike me as the kinda gal that get's all aglow over that stuff! Like me!

Female assassin extraordinaire.
actually, no. all those things are things that would have grabbed you when you were a wee tyke growing up in the US. but i grew up in Southeast Asia where there was no such thing as snow. very tropical and no american shows on tv ... so, no grinch, no Christmas Story, not even It's a Wonderful Life. no Miracle on 34th street. i didn't even see those till the middle of the year on the AMC channel when i moved back to the US when i was 13 or so. christmas in singapore is incredible tho, they dress the crap up out of the city - it's a site to behold. more impressive than anything i've seen, but then again, i've yet to visit Europe and see what they get up to around that time.

Now With Moveable Parts
Interesting new info about thmmie. Well, new to me. I don't now if you ever shared that before. *Beautiful, smart, AND world travler. You be cool beans, sistah!

*Men, don't you wish you could compliment each other in this fashion? Compliments are good for the soul.