Should TWT change his name?

Tools    

Should TWTCommish change his screen name?
26.67%
4 votes
Yes
26.67%
4 votes
No
26.67%
4 votes
I don't care
20.00%
3 votes
&%$# you!
15 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Tee double you tee is hard to say. We all say it in our minds, it's kinda awkward don't you think? Some people call him T or TW or even twit, so... do you think TWT should change his name? It doesn't really fit here anyway because it stands for a different website he has about baseball.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
PRCommish - Projection Room Commish
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I voted "No." I would like another name (TWTCommish is kinda weird), but I'm known by this name ALL over the place. I've got 5,200+ posts on SitePointForums.com with this name, over 3,000 here (more like 4,000+ if you count the Intermission posts), a few hundred on vBulletin.com, and some on other places like MuggleNetForums.com, TheStands.com, eDevCafe.com, and Movie-Vault.com.

All of those places combined, along with a few others, and I''ve likely got around 12,000-13,000 posts under the name "TWTCommish" all over the 'Net. Too late to go back now, I suppose. If I could, without losing the recognition the name currently brings, I certainly would, but there's no way I can pull it off now.

Besides, I'm starting to like being called "T," even if it comes at the price of some political nitwit who stoops to call me "twit," as if it's highly clever, and something only they have thought of.

I voted no. TWT sounds like "all powerful admin" kind of handle. I like it.

My username sucks... but my Dad still calls me that so I must press on. In hizzhonor.

i'll call you whatever you want to be called commish......

Originally posted by TWTCommish
but I'm known by this name ALL over the place.
Yeah but you wouldn't change it all over the place, just here. Everyone here knows who you are. I don't think people would be confused if you changed it to TheCommish or something. Then we could call you Commie Or just something that starts out easier to say and isn't negative, like twit when we try to pronounce it.

Now With Moveable Parts
I voted %#%$# YOU!

Because I don't think TWT in my head...I think " T ". He's been T to me since I joined and he's NOT changing it...cuz then I'd be mad at him and he doesn't want that.

That's my point exactly. You think T because TWT is awkward. It was you calling him T that made me realize I'm not the only one uncomfortable with his initials. Hence this poll, to see how many other people are doing the same in their heads. Hmm... actually, I should have asked Do you think TWT's name is awkward.

Now With Moveable Parts
Yeah..but a lot of us have lame user names. To be honest, mine is a type-o. It was supposed to say," sadesdork". I just left the 'o' out on accident. Doesn't matter though, cuz everybody calls me sades. spud's weird too...whoever calls him spdrcr?
I see what you're saying though; but this is how nick names are created. I like that some of us go by the nick names...

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Lol, mine isn't supposed to have the "-" at the end, but I think its a nice touch. Of course if we start chaning names, the Baron of Spank will emerge....

I voted no by the way.

Now With Moveable Parts
OG-
I always thought the dash was an interruption...sorta like it got cut off from saying the full word"OGRE".

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
That reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask. If anyone is ever saying my name outloud, or thinking it or whatever, do you say "O G" or "OG". Because its intended to be two seperate letters...

I find it quite funny that a lot of us just messed up. Sades' name is the result of a typo, as is Peter's. Spud was originally "spdrcr" (Speed Racer, I believe), but when the new site went up, he just had me change it to Spudracer, because the name had stuck by then.

And yeah, I could change it, but for now, I'll stick with what I've got. Maybe down the line I'll go around and try to get it changed at all the places I frequent...to something more permanent, like something related to THIS site, or my name, or something like that.

This thread really cracks me up, BTW.

Originally posted by OG-
That reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask. If anyone is ever saying my name outloud, or thinking it or whatever, do you say "O G" or "OG". Because its intended to be two seperate letters...
I say it as a word, not as initials. Sounds like a caveman's name or something. When I think "TWT" or "T," naturally I pronounce/think of each letter individually. With everyone else, it's spoken as a word...I don't think anyone else uses initials, or any kind of acronym. Well, maybe one or two people. JRS and AKA come to mind.

sades, you were'nt really supposed to be "sadesdork" were you? thank god you typo'd....you're "sadesdark" to me..sades for short. sounds right out of a romance novel.....a heroine of sorts.

OG- although i've always left the dash out, you've been "oh gee" to me all along. it sounds so silly to think of saying "ogg".

and spud.....i didn't know you were originally "speedracer" but had been nicknamed spud....i like "speedracer" more than spudracer...but i like you, so you can go by whatever name you want to go by.

and commish, i've been calling you commish, but maybe i'll try to switch over to "T".

on the topic of name screw-ups, i often get mail addressed to "path" because when i write my name and cross the "t's" people seem to see it as an "H". i like it......sounds like a modern day explorer to me.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by patti
sades, you were'nt really supposed to be "sadesdork" were you? thank god you typo'd....you're "sadesdark" to me..sades for short. sounds right out of a romance novel.....a heroine of sorts.

OG- although i've always left the dash out, you've been "oh gee" to me all along. it sounds so silly to think of saying "ogg".

and commish, i've been calling you commish, but maybe i'll try to switch over to "T".

patti- um..yeah...it's really "sadesdark" just for you.
I've always said " oh-gee " for OG, "ogg"...that's just lame.

Stick with T. Or if you want something from him, call him..."commishy" in a baby voice...

spud's weird too...whoever calls him spdrcr?
Well a small few did, then PLite came and started calling me spud when I was asked what spdrcr really means(Speed Racer).

and spud.....i didn't know you were originally "speedracer" but had been nicknamed spud....i like "speedracer" more than spudracer...but i like you, so you can go by whatever name you want to go by.
Ooooh la la!! Same goes for you patti. You can go by your name if you want to .

Now With Moveable Parts
spud...you must NEVER change your name. EVER. I just can't look at a potato the same way...and I like that.

You're not going to be caught in the produce section of a grocery store fondling the potatos are you??? I can just see it now, an Herbal Essences-esque type of scenario. Sadie walking up to a potato and talking dirty to it then saying...I've got the urge. Ok, maybe I worked in a grocery store for too long to be thinking things like that would happen.

One of my last days there, in fact, I think it was my last. A man came in with makeup on and a wearing a stuffed bra, and had his hair up in a clip and everything. At first, I thought it was a very ugly woman, with big arms. Then a co-worker comes up and assures me, yup, it's a guy. I got a good laugh out of that.

WOW, how did that get off subject like that??? I wonder. QUICKLY!! PASS ME THE ANTI-SQUITTLE MEDICINE. :P

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spudracer
You're not going to be caught in the produce section of a grocery store fondling the potatos are you??? I can just see it now, an Herbal Essences-esque type of scenario. Sadie walking up to a potato and talking dirty to it then saying...I've got the urge.
Is that a bad thing?