Christmas Wish List

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
I want a leather jacket for Christmas...and a gift certificate to Old Navy...and some DVD's and some CDs and...some flannel sheets...and some Tommy Girl cologne...and some bath junk...and jewlery...and make-up...and every girlie-girl thing you can think of!

What I want this year:
  • A reliable broadband connection.
  • A nice, enjoyable job that I can use to propel myself into independence.
  • For LOTR:FOTR to be flippin' amazing.
  • For the Steelers to make it back to the Super Bowl.
  • To get, and enjoy, a copy of "...almost" (quite likely, IMO).
  • To think of the perfect presents for my friends Adam, Maggie, and Emily. If I can think of some truly suitable gifts for them, that they genuinely dig, I'll be thrilled.

COMMISH!!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!

Now With Moveable Parts
I want a movieforums. com T-shirt...Hint-Hint.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Psst, TWT...Heres what you gotta do. Tell her the shirts in the mail, then send her an empty box with no shirt in it, so then when she puts it on she won't be wearing a shirt!!!

HEY!!! It could work!!

Originally posted by TWTCommish
[*]To get, and enjoy, a copy of "...almost" (quite likely, IMO).
Everybody I know is getting ...almost for Christmas, though I make no guarantees as to whether people will enjoy it (I mean, the waiter character is excellent, but beyond that, who knows....)

I'm at the point where I don't actually think of things for me for Christmas. Instead I think of all the cool things I could buy for my kids.

Though I'd like a reliable broadband connection at this point, too.

LOL!

Hey TWT, send me a movieforums shirt too, except I want it in a girl's cut. Girl's shirts are the sheeit.

Guys in girl-cut shirts look ridiculous. Anyway, I *REALLY* wanna get some nice MoFo t-shirts, but I can't. Can't find any decent place that can A) create black custom t-shirts, and B) handle something as complex as our logo. The logo doesn't look overly fancy, but from a graphical standpoint, it's pretty detailed, what with the reel and all. If I put that on a t-shirt, it'd have to come out all fuzzy I'd imagine.

If I can find a place to create them for, say, $20 each of something, I wouldn't hesitate to find a way to sell them, and send some of ya'll free shirts. I really really really wanna get some made, but at this point, I'm stuck. Crizzap.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
Guys in girl-cut shirts look ridiculous.
Not if you've got a sexy-*** body! Who you talkin to? Sheeit.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by Steve

Not if you've got a sexy-*** body! Who you talkin to? Sheeit.
Sheeit!! Don't even try to pass it off like you have a sexy body Steve!!

Now With Moveable Parts
I want mine in a baby Tee...with the words," movieforms.com> where the Commish rocks my world." printed right across my...

Good idea. Anyway, talented is the guy who can wear a shirt like that and not look convincingly homosexual. Don't worry, Steve, I'll get you a nice "MovieForums.com -> Because Skateboarders Love The Pole" shirt.

T, why don't you have your loyal followers and forum members have a go at designing something? you never know what all these creative minds might come up with! i'm an artist, not a graphic designer but i work with multiple mediums; i'll play with the logo and see if anything develops.......maybe other members want to take a stab at it as well.....we could send them to you, if only for your scrapbook. ya think?

......take sades idea, that's a pretty good one! and she could model the shirts in the catalogue you'll be coming out with: mugs, director's chairs, baseball caps, stationary, gymbags, and "T" shades.

Patti: well, a few things:

1) I LOVE the current logo. I really really really really really doubt that anyone here (or almost anywhere) could create something I'd like more. I'm completely nuts about the current logo. I like ones with screenshots from movies and such mixed in, but this one is more timeless. That reel is so damn cool looking.

2) If you guys want to come up with something, you can surely try...but I'd much rather stick around and wait to find the place that can handle the current logo, because I think it'd look great on a shirt.

3) If everyone really wants me to, I can just create black shirts on CafePress.com with some really simple design, like boring white text or whatever. It's a start, at least. Let me know...I can probably have those available pretty quickly.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by patti
......take sades idea, that's a pretty good one! and she could model the shirts in the catalogue you'll be coming out with: mugs, director's chairs, baseball caps, stationary, gymbags, and "T" shades.
yeah...good idea patti! How do you model stationary? Oh, wait! I know...I could paste it all over my body! Howabout the director's chairs though...hmmm.

I think we should have a little store here...where we could buy posters ( the kind that hang on the wall...not actual posters...although I would be willing to pay a hefty sum for OG, T, or spud...I'd probably even bid on Holden...patti! ) and movie related stuff, as well as movieforum.com stuff.

Well, the best I can do for posters would be an affiliation with AllPosters.com, which is a pretty big online poster store (IE: pretty reliable, most likely). I'll probably turn all the movie images you see, at some point, into links...or put links below them that lead to affiliate links to buy the movie and/or poster online.

As for the MoFo Merchandise: I'll see what I can do. Would anyone actually want anything boring with just text, though? At this point I still can't feasibly get the logo on there, sorry to say.

Now With Moveable Parts
You're bummin' me out T. Isn't there some way to do one of those "site stores"? I hate to mention the competition..but MV has a store...me want store...

MV does indeed have a store...but they also have a less graphically detailed logo on the items in that store. I can surely put up a store...I just can't put out current logo on the items there. If you guys want something plain, or plainER, I should probably be able to oblige...just not with the current logo, because I can't find anyone who can handle it, unfortunately. I was planning to do this store thing right (I signed up for CafePress.com months ago, BTW, in anticipation of it), or not at all...but if you guys just want something, even if it's not too fancy, with the logo and such, then I'll accomodate as best I can.

Now With Moveable Parts
Cool. Well I'm gonna look into stuff. I'll let ya know if I find anything...it's good to see you on here at the same time as me.

Yep, cizzool. Forgot about one of my highlights, BTW: @home is back up, at least sort of. Back on broadband...kick a**. My Windows XP Professional upgrade was shipped today, too, so hopefully I'll get my computer on the Internet again (I've been bumming off the other ones here for a couple weeks...but the other one I own at the other house still connects, thankfully), and then I can, perhaps, make use of my webcam, and my mug can grace the web once again.