Ratner and the X3 Script

Tools    

Randomly visiting for now
that was pretty cool Hell_Bent, but you should have said that you have to click on the AICN.com link to actually find out anything. Then skip down past the part where the author of the article rips on various commercial institutions, until you find out a bit about the film.
Although the source of the info comes from an anonymous spy who has read the 6th draft or something, which raises concerns about credibility but I still loved it .

I had to literally force myself to stop reading though cause I was finding out too much about Jean + Gambit's appearance (one of my favs) & the storyline in general. I like to go fresh into movies or else I end up expecting too much. Thanks for the info though .

Originally Posted by Hell_Bent
http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=7742

warning, spoilers included
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/stopbret/petition.html

everyone please sign!!

A system of cells interlinked
Which is too bad, and I have almost no hope for this film now. What started out as a great series, directed by a wonderfully talented young director who is a master with ensemble casts, will have the third installment trashed by the director of Rush Hour. We get to watch The Dark Phoenix Saga directed by the guy who directed Rush Hour...

Bummer.

Dear Fox,

Thanks for dicking Singer over, and destroying what was turning out to be a top notch trilogy. Your money grubbing wrecking ball technique took what was arguably the strongest franchise on your list (don't forget, Star Wars isn't REALLY yours), and drop kicked it into the toilet. I know, put some bleary eyed comedy director in charge of The Dark Phoenix saga so he can sully the material with hundreds of poor one-liners and terribly timed action seqences. Well, because you know, comedy directors are great with action sequences.

What? He directed Red Dragon you say? Yup, your right, and I knew there was a reason I kept wanting to laugh at Hannibal in that one. It was like watching a bad SNL parody of Silence of the Lambs. Why not just have Lecter wear footie pajamas and a party hat.

End Rant...

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Originally Posted by Sedai
Which is too bad, and I have almost no hope for this film now. What started out as a great series, directed by a wonderfully talented young director who is a master with ensemble casts, will have the third installment trashed by the director of Rush Hour. We get to watch The Dark Phoenix Saga directed by the guy who directed Rush Hour...

Bummer.

Dear Fox,

Thanks for dicking Singer over, and destroying what was turning out to be a top notch trilogy. Your money grubbing wrecking ball technique took what was arguably the strongest franchise on your list (don't forget, Star Wars isn't REALLY yours), and drop kicked it into the toilet. I know, put some bleary eyed comedy director in charge of The Dark Phoenix saga so he can sully the material with hundreds of poor one-liners and terribly timed action seqences. Well, because you know, comedy directors are great with action sequences.

What? He directed Red Dragon you say? Yup, your right, and I knew there was a reason I kept wanting to laugh at Hannibal in that one. It was like watching a bad SNL parody of Silence of the Lambs. Why not just have Lecter wear footie pajamas and a party hat.

End Rant...
I've got a bad feeling about this. What about if we got Jackie Chan and Chris Rock involved? Surely it's only a matter of time. Singer is an excellent director and did a great job on the first 2 films, when he left the project, I feared the worst. Vaughn did a good job on Layer Cake, and this raised my hopes again, but Bret Ratner, jesus is Magneto or Lord Vader pulling mind tricks on Fox??? They have sucumbed to the Dark-side!!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

On a seperate rant, his remake of Red Dragon was vastly inferior in all aspects. For those who haven't seen the original version, look it out. Great performances from Brian Cox, William Petterson and Tom Dooley. Yes it looks a wee bit dated, but Bret Ratner- JESUS!!!! P.S. I do like Edward Norton and Anthony Hopkins, but Bret Ratner-JESUS!!!!
I think I've made my point.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I dunno. I liked the Rush Hour flicks.

I don't think X-men 3 is going to be all that bad, honestly. I'm giving it the benefit of a doubt untill I see it, or if the commercials look as bad as the Fantastic Four ones. lol

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Sedai
Dear Fox,

End Rant...
You tell 'em!

"NO! NO! BAD Fox!"

Here's hoping the movie will be tolerable, at least - yet confidently expecting much worse.

AznSuperman
it really sucks that Cyclops is dying, he should bigger role in this sequel alongside Colussus

Never conform, never compromise....
Thanks fo the spoiler warning to the guy about cyclops, eesh...but in all seriousness...i'm kinda glad, hearing that just gave me a lot more to look forward to in this movie. I always hated cyclops when I watched the cartoon as a kid and the actor they got to play him (sorry, don't know hiw name cause i don't really like him) got it to a T. A whiney, useless "by the book" loser..man i hate people like that. Ok, i'm done.
- Corey Taylor (2002)

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
I dunno. I liked the Rush Hour flicks.
Oh, so did I. But this guy isn't going to be in his element with the X-men. Special effects shots, a massive ensemble cast, multiple story threads. I have a feeling he will get a few weeks (days?) in and just throw up his hands and quit, plunging the project even further into mayhem.

I have read several plot lines for X3, and it definetly looks like a much darker story than before.
I think the choice of director will be key in pulling this movie off, it handled wrongly, it could be a franchise killer, similar to Schumaker's Batman and Robin.
I really think Ratner is the wrong choice for a darker version of the X-men, Singer would have been perfect, and after Layer Cake, I was looking forward to Vaughn's effort, Ratner just doesn't strike me as a director that will be able to cope with the complex drama and tone of the new movie.
I hope he proves me wrong,of course I'll be there when the movie comes out, I just hope he knows what he's doing.

I just saw Ratner's AFTER THE SUNSET. Good stuff.