This weird scifi film I can't recall

Tools    

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
I've been trying to work this out for a while. There was this 4 (I think) dvd set that I had several years ago named something extraneous like "10 family movies collection", which included that crappy 1998 film "Stardust".

Now the movie from the set I am trying to work out had a plot like this (from what I remember): there is a boy, who in his computer (or satellite, my memories aren't definite enough) is picking up visual broadcast frequencies and he finds a channel that is a surveillance camera of a woman's apartment. This boy and older man (possibly his dad) discover after a while that the woman is in trouble. The man attempts to figure out the woman's location through a very distinct building outside her window. The man eventually travels to get to her apartment and (to my knowledge) there is a twist ending and he is revealed to have been set up.

I can't remember perfectly but I think the man was living in Alaska (or a snowy place) and he is also communicating to the boy through this transmission.

The movie is likely a 90s film (of similar budget to that Stardust film), so it has that rough and almost dreamy kind of framerate style.

If this movie sounds familiar to you please please please let me know!!

Well, if you remove the boy and add a telescope instead of that surveillance camera, you get Body Double.

It's a cool film by Brian De Palma that's kinda weird. This guy living in his friend's apartment starts spying on the hot neighbor and one day sees her get in some trouble which turns out to be a trap.

This is the best I could come up with for your description.

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Well I've seen Body Double now but no it's not the movie I'm trying to find. It was a fascinating movie nevertheless

Now for this movie I'm still trying to work out

Disturbia?

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
It's taken a really, really long time to figure this out but I found out by myself after all of this time that it is "High Frequency" from 1988 by Faliero Rosati, not a film many people would have come across I suspect..

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
It's taken a really, really long time to figure this out but I found out by myself after all of this time that it is "High Frequency" from 1988 by Faliero Rosati, not a film many people would have come across I suspect..
Very glad you found it! And that you posted the name here!!