Can this replace IMDB?

Tools    

I used to post on IMDB but recently they got rid of their message boards so you can no longer post there. Im really disappointed since I liked discussing all the various movies there. So can this forum be a good replacement?

First off: hi, welcome! Feel free to post a thread in the Introductions forum if you want to say hello and help people get to know you.

As to your question: it really depends on what you're looking for. If you just straight-up want to talk about movies, but without incessant spam or trolling, you're definitely in the right place. Our software's set up a little differently (there isn't an automatic board created for each film--people create their own threads in general forum categories), though, so how you browse and post might feel a little different. Though we are giving some consideration to tweaking that to be a little more like IMDB, in a purely organizational sense.

Hope that sorta-kinda answers your question. If not, feel free to clarify, or ask anything else.

Chief cook and bottlewasher
I'm a 15 year IMDb vet. MoFo is a good place. Nice people, great lighting, good floors. We can prosper here.

Now, would somebody please stamp my passport and authenticate my visa, please?

I'm a 15 year IMDb vet. MoFo is a good place. Nice people, great lighting, good floors. We can prosper here.

Now, would somebody please stamp my passport and authenticate my visa, please?
Of course, dear, for you, anything. But there'll be no such slack for the Devil Decaf!

Same here. After 15 years, I deleted my IMDb account and signed on here the day they dropped the discussion boards, and I have yet to look back.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I had been part of IMDB for 14 years.

MoFo for almost 12 years.

Mofo>IMDB.

Suspect's Reviews

Of course, dear, for you, anything. But there'll be no such slack for the Devil Decaf!

Same here. After 15 years, I deleted my IMDb account and signed on here the day they dropped the discussion boards, and I have yet to look back.
I never realized how often I perused the discussion boards until they were gone. I wandered around rather lost then stumbled upon this place.

This is a fertile land and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land! And we will call it… this land!

Oh, we're gonna get along just fine.
Great minds lie in the same gutter.

Our software's set up a little differently (there isn't an automatic board created for each film--people create their own threads in general forum categories), though, so how you browse and post might feel a little different. Though we are giving some consideration to tweaking that to be a little more like IMDB, in a purely organizational sense.
That's what I miss the most about IMDB.com. The ability to discuss at length a TV show or a movie. And to discuss a TV show each week as it airs. It was great at IMDB.com how there were multiple threads for each show or movie. If you didn't understand a particular scene or whatever, there was always someone around to explain it. This was real good for foreign movies where stuff could get lost in translation.

It's nice here though.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
People do discuss tv shows here as they air. There is an entire subforum for tv and music.

Yeah, it really depends on the level of interest in a particular show. For example, if you head over to the Westworld thread you'll see it discussed at length and as each episode aired. That was fun.

Yeah, it really depends on the level of interest in a particular show. For example, if you head over to the Westworld thread you'll see it discussed at length and as each episode aired. That was fun.
True. But it's still a single thread. What if someone wanted to discuss an episode from a month ago?

I miss that show.

True. But it's still a single thread. What if someone wanted to discuss an episode from a month ago?
There's nothing stopping them. I;m behind on AG and I still talk about it in the thread. El is behind on Hannibal and she currently discusses episodes as she views them.

As Dani said, you can just post in the thread. Don't worry about bumping old threads (if that's what you mean). As long as you're adding to the discussion, just go for it.