What is/are your movie OCD(s)?

Tools    

I will start to put a few of mine:

- I like to go to movie theatre by myself
- I don't like to go to movie theatre on any opening weekend because I don't like crowds
- I like to sit at the second last row (or last row) in the theatre because I believe that spot receives the most optimized sound quality
- I like to re-watch the previous episode to prepare for a sequel - I am planning to re-watch BvS before Wonder Woman for example
- I like to wait until the credit ends (if possible)

I hope I am not the only one who has this.

-I prefer to sit in the premier seats at the cinema, the extra leg room enhances the experience (especially the 3rd act)
-People using their phones in the cinema makes me think of Edward Norton beating the crap out of Jared Leto in fight club
-Don't talk to me during the film unless it's important (or unless I've already seen it)

There's no after credits scene in Wonder Woman FYI

Only movie OCD I have is always getting a seat by the aisle. Im 6'5" and need the leg room.

No OCD, but some die hard habits are having one hand down my pants, a cup of tea next to me, some snacks, and when I pause, I do so at an exact moment, after just enough of a space after a line of dialog, then, as I walk towards the bathroom, I verbally rate my technique on the timing of my pausing.

“I was cured, all right!”

- I like to go to movie theatre by myself
- I don't like to go to movie theatre on any opening weekend because I don't like crowds
- I like to sit at the second last row (or last row) in the theatre because I believe that spot receives the most optimized sound quality
- I like to re-watch the previous episode to prepare for a sequel - I am planning to re-watch BvS before Wonder Woman for example
- I like to wait until the credit ends (if possible)

I hope I am not the only one who has this.
So, we have something in common after all.
I just have to add five things:
-Wi-fi off(or cell off)
-NO cell in the damn theater or in the middle of any film
-Lights off in my room
-Moderate or high volume
-No pause

So, we have something in common after all.
I just have to add five things:
-Wi-fi off(or cell off)
-NO cell in the damn theater or in the middle of any film
-Lights off in my room
-Moderate or high volume
-No pause
Yes, all of the above for me too.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
No OCD, but some die hard habits are having one hand down my pants, a cup of tea next to me, some snacks, and when I pause, I do so at an exact moment, after just enough of a space after a line of dialog, then, as I walk towards the bathroom, I verbally rate my technique on the timing of my pausing.
This was hilarious!

I cant comment on the hands down pants but cup of tea or wine, pausing at just the right moment, and I will add lights out, volume up unless it's one of those whispery dialogue followed by booming score movies, sunglasses if the colour grading is OTT, and a doona to snuggle under.

Lights off is probably my biggest one. I'm really not a fan of watching movies when it's not dark. I feel like it takes me out of the movie or at least I'm not as immersed.

Gotta watch movies in my tv too. I struggle to watch anything on mobile, tablet, computer or the likes.

Quality is important to me. I'm taking out of the movie if it's DVD quality or below. Pixelated and awful colors completely ruins it for me.

- I like to go to movie theatre by myself same here and I am OCD as well, but of course if i have to i go with my GF and my son
- I don't like to go to movie theatre on any opening weekend because I don't like crowds same here, i hate crowd, I'm always lookin for odd hours to go to cinema
- I like to sit at the second last row (or last row) in the theatre because I believe that spot receives the most optimized sound quality well here i am not in agreement as I'm always looking for empty mid middle row believing that it gives me more visuals, however having ppl behind me is not always pleasant
- I like to re-watch the previous episode to prepare for a sequel - I am planning to re-watch BvS before Wonder Woman for example same here of course
- I like to wait until the credit ends (if possible) always, and i always make it possible

I hope I am not the only one who has this. not at all
see my comments in red

When I used to go to the theater, one friend was into always sitting in the last row - the idea was that no one could sit behind you or kick the back of your chair.

Lights off - when I go for a walk at night I see all these houses with people watching TV under a glaring overhead fluorescent light. I don't get it - not just a lamp but a glarey white light coming down from above that is turning the TV screen opaque. I'm very particular about lighting. At a couple jobs I had, I'd come in extra early so I could stand on my desk and unscrew the fluorescent light bulbs above my desk.

These are more like pet peeves:

Cell phones on during the movie (people texting and surfing the net....why the f*** did you buy the ticket to begin with??)
The person you're with talking non-stop or asking you question after question about the movie (What did he/she say? What happened? What does that mean?...STFU already!!)
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
OCDs in a movie (theater)
  • I can't talk.
  • I can't listen to talking, or any other distractions (texting, calls, gum smacking, talking, attempting to convince a character not to do something, showing audible disappointment when said character inevitably does that that the person earlier warned them against, opening individually wrapped candies, opening and shaking a box of hard candies, popping a can tab open, unwrapping cling-wrapped food cooked at home, the sound of fingers aggressively crawling through mounds of popcorn, etc.), else I completely lose my immersion into the film.
  • I will not see a movie on opening weekend, or for several weeks after depending on the status of the movie.
  • If I can control it, I will sit on the first row on the second-tiered seating group (the one that has the bar) because there is more leg room.
  • If I can control it, I will sit off-center to the row maybe 4-6 seats from center. For some reason I feel like if I sit dead center, I will have someone sit to both my left and right and that makes me feel claustrophobic. Sitting off-center feels like I'm conceding the center seat to whoever else may join me in the row and will return favor by not distracting me later during the showing (see distraction examples above). Also, I feel as though there is some weird psychological game of odds and probability playing out between me and other incoming audience members. For instance, by sitting off-center and closer to the right (that's my right, not stage right), I feel that people entering the theater will be less likely to sit to my right (plus ever how many empty seats they feel are necessary to create a sufficient sphere of personal space between us), as doing this will place them even farther away from the optimum viewing angle of center. Or they may find it easier to just avoid the issue altogether and choose to sit on a row farther back. Regardless, I win. Unless of course they sit right behind me, which is always a risk here. As I noted earlier though, I do not go to a theater unless the movie has been out a while or is a low audience draw to begin with. This increases the odds of widely open rows for other people to choose. I have, however, been in a situation where in an audience of 5, someone did sit exactly behind me. I could not enjoy the movie because the only thought that I could entertain was that this person had a gun. Why else sit so close to someone, and directly behind them, in a nearly empty theater... with less potential witnesses to the crime?
  • I try to wear shorts. While temperatures are normal kept low, you never know what to expect. If I wear jeans, or office attire, I then get fidgety about halfway through. Then I can no longer enjoy the movie experience because I am too concerned by the ever-creeping boxer cotton that seems to constrict more and more with each gain in temperature, and with each adjustment I make within my seat. I've learned long ago that no movie is worth such discomfort, and I will go out of my way to avoid such a situation to including buying a pair of shorts or even just a loose cotton T-shirt at Target next door to the local theater, before entering the theater. I can change in the car.
  • I always get 3 napkins from the concessions stand. One is to wrap around the soft drink cup as it will inevitably start to sweat during the movie and I cannot stand having cold drops of water, oily from sharing the hand that reaches into the popcorn bucket, dripping onto and staining my clothing. This is another reason to buy a cheap T-shirt if I find myself joining an impromptu gathering of friends for a movie, after work. But mostly the napkin takes care of that. I unfold long-way, refold, then wrap the base on the sweating cup until the napkin overlaps itself. The moisture acts as a binding agent. The second napkin is to wipe my finger tips when done with the popcorn. I hate the oily residue left behind on my hands. I never get butter, but popcorn is popcorn. Actually, by the time I am done, I might recycle the original napkin used around my cup for cleaning. The reason is that napkin is now slightly damp, and I cannot tolerate the sound of a dry napkin being rubbed. *shivers* If at this point the cup is still sweating, I will place the second cleaner napkin around it and dispose of the now dirty first napkin. The third and final napkin is a backup should either of the first two napkins rip apart or fail in their tasks. Or in case I sneeze, or other such randomness.
  • Recently I've started removing my wallet, keys, and phone from my pockets to relieve the added weight and to reduce the potential gravitational pull when one side of my shorts are heavier than the other due to the mass of keys in one pocket. Removing the keys helps, but then the power-shift leans to the pocket with the phone so it's just best to remove both at the same time. The wallet creates an awkward lean in posture so that is gone now too. Here, the cup-holders have a mesh base, so if I place all three into the one cup-holder, they are prevented from falling through. When visiting other theaters while on travel, sometimes the cup holders have an open bottom with a slight inner ledge or only a tapered base that prevents cups from falling through. For such a situation, I have learned that I can usually position the wallet, phone, and keys into a manner that creates a wedging force against the inner wall of the foreign cup holder. That took a bit of trial and error over the years, but works very well once mastered. While I do mute my phone and turn the display brightness to the lowest setting, I still keep my phone on. My job does require some emergency response times, though it is rare. To respect those around me, I make sure that my phone is facing my wallet and is sitting top-down. From this position, any momentary flash from a call or text is hidden from those around me while I am still able to see the ID of sender. The top-down position is to hide the constant light blink notification that works as a reminder that I've received either a call or text.
  • When projections of a movie show a curvature that is not parallel to the screen's edge, I am distracted. I drift in wonder as to what vital element of composition I am missing. Surely the director had a very specific idea for this shot and manipulated that shot to solicit a very specific reaction from the audience? Am I fully aware of the director's intent now that a portion of framing is projecting beyond the screen and into a curtain? Does the theater not have internal risk assessments for such events? Does management not review their own theaters each morning? Can the projectionist not see the obvious misalignment from his or her vantage point? I paid to see a complete movie, not 98% of a movie. Can the projectionist not see because he or she is distracted? Why would they be distracted? They are paid to not be distracted. Are they having sex in the projectionist's booth? Has the theater been occupied by terrorist agents? These things pull me right out of my movie-going experience.
Oh I am sure there are more, but my hand is cramping up.

*edit*
I typed this laughing. That doesn't diminish how sad I am reading it.
lol?