MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2017 - The Regular Season

Tools    

It would help if he had OF eligibility, but I'm always open to a good value.

It'd be pretty hilarious if I went from pitching-starved to dealing it for hitting over the course of just three weeks, but that might be where I am. I've got 7 good-to-great starters and Jon Gray on the way back.

Baseball is weird.

That said, certainly willing to move Trout for the right deal. Obviously a little tricky to value someone like this, where you get nothing for awhile, and then suddenly the best player in fantasy, but if somebody's thinking of going all-in on a dramatic second-half push, he fits the bill.

Bad: benching Sean Manaea because, while he has great stuff, he's had trouble with pitch counts, and Cleveland is patient.

Good: Manaea dominates them, so at least you know not to bench him any more.

Never sure what to root for when you sit someone...

Daniel Murphy says goodbye to the Ducks with a four-hit night. As always, whatever a player does while a trade is pending ends up being bittersweet.

Gotta admit, I wasn't sure how much I bought into the Murphy resurgence (especially at this time last year), but he's made fundamental adjustments and become an elite player late in his career. Was definitely on the fence about taking him as early as I did, but it sure worked out. Best of luck with him, Rob. Expect he'll keep racking up the counting stats in that ridiculous lineup.

I do like seeing all these guys like Murphy and Alonso find success with these swing plane adjustments and the like. Baseball's more fun when that's possible, instead of just seeing players always follow a normal aging curve.

What a season so far....

Going into it I looked to have the greatest of pitching lineups after the draft, and then fell on my face in those supposed stocked SP categories. Then I traded away 2 incredible closers for some ho-hummers which ended up outperforming them. I grab Altuve & had Ellsbury, then the net result is Im last place in stolen bases.

The weirdness doesnt end with me. Nostro saunters into the FBB league and actually has been delivering on his proclamation that he'd win the league his first year, being the most consistent team in the #1 slot. Mark & Yoda have made appearances.

I havent made the nauseating amount of moves or trades like usual, but have made a fair share. Hopefully I will stay away from that dreaded 12th place slot which Ive frequented more often than not. Right now have 4 Rays in my lineup, but hey, some things never change

BREAKING NEWS: Scooter Gennett belts four home runs, drives in 10 in Reds' win over Cardinals

This is not a rib.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/m...,-10-RBI-night

I think Josh Hamilton was the last player to do it, and remember he played for Sedais squad that year. Scooters still available on waivers if anyones interested.

You gave him your Anthony Rizzos, Jose Altuves, and Clayton Kershaws, send him your Nolan Arenados and Josh Donaldsons!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
This is a fickle game. When you look at the legitimate stats and not the rankings, my team isn't far off from the Ducks. But I'm almost 30 points behind

You gave him your Anthony Rizzos, Jose Altuves, and Clayton Kershaws, send him your Nolan Arenados and Josh Donaldsons!

Laying the excuse groundwork already, huh?

There's no magic trick: you just have to have what people need. And in roto baseball, a lot of them need depth, especially this year with the entire league racked by injuries. In roto, there'll always be trade opportunities for people who have depth, so if you're smart, you work disproportionately at nailing the middle and late rounds of the draft (and the waiver wire).

This is a fickle game. When you look at the legitimate stats and not the rankings, my team isn't far off from the Ducks. But I'm almost 30 points behind
Yeah, the rankings are very misleading early on. Plenty of stat clusters, where one good night might vault you four points in a single category.

I am curious how many first round picks an administrator's gotta have to compete!

Let's run through them, shall we?

Rizzo: 14th among first basemen. Clearly not helping too much (yet).
Kershaw: I've had him two starts. The first was his worst of the year.
Altuve: I've had him for three days.

Get a new excuse.

Unless you can explain how three days of Altuve, one Kershaw start, and Rizzo's 14th positional ranking have magically vaulted me into first, I think it's pretty obvious which direction the spin's coming from.