RIP Michael Parks

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Great Character Actor Michael Parks Has Died, Age 77

Michael Parks, who began his career as a prolific television actor before evolving into a secret weapon for directors like Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez, and Kevin Smith, has passed away at the age of 77. He leaves behind a filmography filled with tremendous performances – his work stands up whether it’s planted in the middle of a masterpiece or a dud.
-Slashfilm

Suspect's Reviews

Sad day in Hollywood, and particularly for Quentin Tarantino. Michael was one of his muses, much like Christoph Waltz and Samuel L. Jackson still are.

I should add that he was absolutely terrifying and brilliant in Kevin Smith's Tusk.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

RIP

He was great as Jean Renault in Twin Peaks

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Vale.

77 isn't that old these days. I have some older gentleman friends who are in their mid 70s and pretty sprightly.

Requiescat in pace Mr. Parks. I was truly enjoying your acting. Especially Twin Peaks, From Dusk Till Dawn and many others that I can't recall right now.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
RIP to a Hollywood legend. He even appeared in a few B-movies (one of my favorites being 1988's Nightmare Beach aka Welcome to Spring Break as a doctor who helped cover up a serial killer's murders to ensure that the people can still enjoy Spring Break)

So sorry to hear about the death of this underrated actor....I was a faithful viewer of Then Came Bronson. I do remember him in From Dusk til Dawn. The last time I remember seeing him in anything was when he had a recurring role on The Colbys...sad that his career sunk that far. RIP

I'm in the tiny cult that likes The Idol (1966).