Do You Believe Time Travel is Possible?

Tools    

No one in their right mind would go to the moon if you told them they could never come back?

Did you miss all that stuff about the Mars One thing? THOUSANDS of applicants that applied to be sent to live on Mars, with no possibility of ever returning to Earth.
I did hear a bit about it, but all the scenarios I heard included being able to return at some point.

I didn't hear any that said, we're looking for volunteers to go to Mars, but once you get their you live in a tiny enclosed structure until you die with no chance of ever seeing Earth or breathing natural air again.

I guess it would be one thing if you could take your family with you and start a new life as pioneers, but for an individual, such a one-way trip seems like it would only appeal to someone currently unhappy with life or who was suicidal and wanted to see something cool before they die, or someone who only wants to be remembered for something. It seems the motivations for a sacrificial one-way trip would not be the ideal psychology for an explorer.

And it would also depend on the purpose of the trip - a sacrifice to save others in more meaningful & noble than one for no good reason. The whole point of exploration is to somehow get word of your discoveries to others, not just to take off and die. Remember, the Robinson's in Lost in Space left Earth on a one-way trip in an attempt to save the planet.

(I'm kind of mixing up the scenarios now of traveling to the future and trips to Mars. Starting... to not... make... sense.)

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I know I am keeping this a tad bit off-topic of time travel, but I want to quickly say something.

I did hear a bit about it, but all the scenarios I heard included being able to return at some point
This is exactly how it is:
THOUSANDS of applicants that applied to be sent to live on Mars, with no possibility of ever returning to Earth.
I heard this woman talking on the radio a few months ago about how she is willing to sacrifice all that she has here to get the chance to go there. She had a husband and kids, but she didn't care. She, for whatever reasons are in her head, wants to go, and it doesn't matter to her whether or not she comes back. And she knew she wasn't going to come back.

If this is all true, if this isn't just some scam or something, then it is their choice to go. I think it is kind of odd, but if they want to go, then go. I really couldn't care less.

Time travel is already possibly. I can travel through time at one second per second.

I know I am keeping this a tad bit off-topic of time travel, but I want to quickly say something.

This is exactly how it is:

I heard this woman talking on the radio a few months ago about how she is willing to sacrifice all that she has here to get the chance to go there. She had a husband and kids, but she didn't care. She, for whatever reasons are in her head, wants to go, and it doesn't matter to her whether or not she comes back. And she knew she wasn't going to come back.

If this is all true, if this isn't just some scam or something, then it is their choice to go. I think it is kind of odd, but if they want to go, then go. I really couldn't care less.
I haven't researched this, but perhaps it was posed as a hypothetical question as opposed to actually looking for volunteers for an established plan?

I kind of doubt that NASA is organizing exile-until-death expeditions with openings for people to condemn themselves to a life sentence on another planet.

Current projections say a trip to Mars would take about 6 months. Astronauts would have to remain on the planet 18 - 20 months before Earth and Mars re-align for a return trip which would take another 6 months. So the duration of the journey would be about 2.5 years. The first trip would enable explorers to set up only a rudimentary camp (limited by the amount of supplies they can haul there) that subsequent trips would have to build upon.

The moon seems boring. Now Mars, that be cool. But nah people will never go to Mars, except in the movies.
I'm pretty sure manned missions to Mars are being planned to launch in a couple decades to explore it in more detail, but the astronauts will actually be coming back lol. Also nah I think I'll just live and die on Earth thank you very much.

Unless the sun is about to explode I'll happily stick around on this rock.

Steeped Beauty, God is Beauty
20% chance I steal this idea for a short story or something.
What if time travel does exist and its a power only deities use? What if a superhero like Thor or some other hero is out there and the moral implications of being a time traveler (like Doctor Who) absolutely prevent the secret from being shown?

There are people who follow ideas, one of them is a person like Joe Rogan (haha), and they are very into the idea that psychoactive drugs are just dimensional portals, and that humans are only capable of visiting worlds through drugs and stuff... I don't think that though, but it does sort of relate. Sorry for going off topic.

Time travel is possible.

Depending on whether you want to travel back or forth in time, you simply have to pick the right country to fly to. It’s that simple.

Box-Fanned & Consoled Nobility
I shall answer your question with a question.......….

How on God's green earth could you possibly bend both all known and unknown laws of physics and travel backwards in time?

Oh Yes and also see the previous post that contains and says,

"Vulcan Science Directorate has determined that time travel is impossible."