THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

I actually wasn't that impressed by Leto, to be honest. I wanted Michael Fassbender to win. Also liked Barkhad Abdi and Jonah Hill.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I actually wasn't that impressed by Leto, to be honest. I wanted Michael Fassbender to win. Also liked Barkhad Abdi and Jonah Hill.
I thought Leto did a good job. A lot of times when a man plays that role it comes across as very stereotypical and over the top sometimes to the point of being cartoonish. I thought he brought a believability to it and a vulnerability. Having sad that, I don't remember if I voted for him. I really like Jonah Hill. It's likely I voted for him.

I'm shocked. Why didn't you vote for Leto?
Because Leto won every award and I like Jonah Hill and I thought his character was funny.

I think I still voted for Matthew McConaughey for best actor, though.

I like Leto's Rayon character more than Jonah Hill's Wolf of Wall Street character, though. But I do think that -- in a way -- the Rayon craze was a little overrated. I understood it, but I did feel that there wasn't that much Rayon actually in the movie.

I thought Leto did a good job. A lot of times when a man plays that role it comes across as very stereotypical and over the top sometimes to the point of being cartoonish. I thought he brought a believability to it and a vulnerability. Having sad that, I don't remember if I voted for him. I really like Jonah Hill. It's likely I voted for him.
Leto did a fine job. I just wasn't crazy about it like a lot of people were.

I still badly want to do a group Wolf of Wall Street commentary.

The performances are definitely what carried Dallas Buyers Club for me. I loved Fassbender though, he got my vote.

I would be up for the group Wolf commentary if it's at the right time for me.

I still haven't seen Wolf or Blue is the Warmest Color. And I've decided to skip 12 Years a Slave.
I really didn't like 12 Years much at all. What was up with some of the performances in that movie?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
If I like Wolf, I will do it. I'm holding off because I'm weird and I like to keep some directors films that I really like unwatched. Like why I didn't get to Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore until today. And I still haven't seen Mean Streets.

That's too bad. I wanted to see the outcome.
I'll probably try to get one going for the end of this year. I love that kind of stuff and was disappointed as well.

I really didn't like 12 Years much at all. What was up with some of the performances in that movie?
What didn't you like about the performances?

Leto did a fine job. I just wasn't crazy about it like a lot of people were.
Yeah, I think he got some credit from me ( and probably others as well) because he surprised me. I don't remember him being particularly that good in anything else.

Who didn't you like? Dano was the only one I didn't care for.

What didn't you like about the performances?
Pitt was so bad it was weird and Dano was showboating like crazy and should have been told to tone it down. The leads were all good, but some of the supporting actors I thought were pretty bad.

Pitt was so bad it was weird and Dano was showboating like crazy and should have been told to tone it down. The leads were all good, but some of the supporting actors I thought were pretty bad.
Yeah Pitt was pretty bad as well. I forgot about him. Four or Five were really great though, IMO.

Yeah, I think he got some credit from me ( and probably others as well) because he surprised me. I don't remember him being particularly that good in anything else.
In real life, something about Jared Leto seems like he needs a good slapping. He is so... "look at me, I'm cutesy, I have long hair and I play in a rock band and girls are crazy about me."

But as an actor, I like him. I liked him in the movie Chapter 27. Some other roles of his, though... I have Prefontaine and couldn't get into it at the time. And I remember him in Urban Legend. Saw nothing special about it, but that was just a horror film.