Anybody Have a 4th July Movie Tradition?

Tools    

Not really, I think a couple years in a row we made hot dogs and hash browns and binged a show (Stranger Things season was set in the summer so that worked well) or something, but no such thing this year.

I used to catch snippets of Independence Day on whatever channel it happened to be playing on. I guess that's the closest thing I have to a tradition for this day. (I'm not an American.)

This year I did a double feature of Public Affairs and a.k.a. Cassius Clay, which seemed fitting enough. I also did a David Cronenberg double feature for Canada Day (Crimes of the Future and Scanners), so I covered my bases north and south of the border.

Born on the Fourth of July would be a good movie to watch. One of Cruise’s best IMO.

My tradition was watching the Twilight Zone marathon on TV every 4th of July. None of the networks aired the show this year. Very disappointing. Other than that my movie tradition is watching Frogs and Jaws. Camp & Classic. Both movies took place on Independence day.
I forgot all about the marathon... which is often the case, but I usually find it while channel surfing... needless to say, I didn't see it on.

P.S. I always thought the Zone marathon would be more suited to Halloween than to 4th of July.

My tradition was watching the Twilight Zone marathon on TV every 4th of July. None of the networks aired the show this year. Very disappointing. Other than that my movie tradition is watching Frogs and Jaws. Camp & Classic. Both movies took place on Independence day.
The Twilight Zone marathon was on a channel called Decades. I'm not sure if that channel is on cable, but I get it from my antenna.

"In the water I'm a very skinny lady"
The Twilight Zone marathon was on a channel called Decades. I'm not sure if that channel is on cable, but I get it from my antenna.

Thanks for mentioning the Decades Channel. I used to watch the Twilight Zone marathon on the Decades channel years ago. The channel has since been removed by my cable service provider. The marathon was called Rod, White and Blue in honor of Rod Serling.