RIP Richard Donner

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
The legendary Richard Donner died today at the age of 91.
https://nypost.com/2021/07/05/richar...or-dead-at-91/

With wife Lauren Shuler-Donner

The truth is in here
The Lethal Weapon movies and The Omen are reason alone to earn my respect. He really makes them memorable through his style and atmosphere he creates. And Scrooged is hilarious, contains a real standout Bill Murray performance. Still have never seen Superman sadly, but with him behind it I'm sure it's a blast. Rest in peace to a true legend.

R.I.P. The Omen, Superman and Lethal Weapon are great. There's also the underseen Inside Moves, which is one of my very favorites.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
A backbone of classic cinema. Low profile, like a reliable background element. His work has shaped our imagination for so long, and in so many different ways (the dread of The Omen, the positivity of Reeves' best Superman ever, the eerie magic of Ladyhawke, the grit-and-fun buddy movie formula of Lethal Weapon...).

A quiet pillar of our international culture.

R.I.P. The Omen, Superman and Lethal Weapon are great. There's also the underseen Inside Moves, which is one of my very favorites.
*adds to watchlist*

Just heard about this on the BBC site. Very sad news. So many 80s classics of my childhood and early teens - Goonies, Ladyhawke, Lethal Weapon, Scrooged & more. Rest in peace.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
He was such a talented person.

Superman the Movie is one of my favorite superhero movies. It might even top my list. The Goonies was a childhood favorite movie that I still like to revisit every once in a while. The Lethal Weapon movies are fun action movies. And Maverick just recently became a favorite western movie for me.

R.I.P.

Sad day. His The Omen is a damn fine representation of the book imo.
Requiescat in pace Richard!