Cinéma du look

Tools    

The trick is not minding
How familiar is everyone with this French film movement?
I’m looking to get into this the coming year, and other then
Jean-Jacques Beineix,
Luc Besson, and Leos Carax, I haven’t seen other directors names attached to it.
Anyone more versed in it care to toss a few other directors as suggestions?*
Thank you in advance.

Never heard of it.

According to Google, Leon: The Professional is from this movement, so I'm familiar with that film. Also, The Lovers on the Bridge has been on my watchlist for some time. Other than that though, I'm new to this movement.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
I'm a fan of Luc Besson, that's about it.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, as far as I can tell it only had 3 directors attached to it. Besson being the most famous.
Which is good, actually, as that gives me a small filmography to go through.

According to Google, Leon: The Professional is from this movement, so I'm familiar with that film. Also, The Lovers on the Bridge has been on my watchlist for some time. Other than that though, I'm new to this movement.
Get on that. It's a beautiful film.

Wikipedia says this style's themes include "young people more affiliated to peer groups than families, a cynical view of the police." I'm not sure if La Haine qualifies as Cinema du Look, but you should all see it anyway because it checks those boxes.

The trick is not minding
Only 3 films I recognize from the 3 directors are Diva, Leon the Professional and the original La Femme Nikita. The latter two films are from Besson.

^ Own and love all three of those ^

You should also watch Holy Motors from Carax for sure. Betty Blue from Beineix is probably best known for its eroticism but imo it's also a fascinating portrayal of a gradual mental collapse. The Fifth Element from Besson is also worth a watch.

Holy Motors and Mauvais Sang are great films from Carax. Crazy in places. I can't see how the Fifth Element would fit into this movement. It's completely different.

I can't see how the Fifth Element would fit into this movement. It's completely different.
Absolutely, was just mentioning it as it's a Besson fillum that Wyldeside ought to give a watch to sometime regardless as they said they were only familiar with the three they mentioned.

Only 3 films I recognize from the 3 directors are Diva, Leon the Professional and the original La Femme Nikita. The latter two films are from Besson.
these movies only ones i know by Luc and their my favorite movies by him
Colombiana
Lucy
Taxi Movie Trilogy
District 13
Taken Movie Trilogy
The Fifth Element
Léon: The Professional