Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Amélie (Jean-Pierre Jeanet, 2001)

Started off interesting enough with the man's childhood box, but after that I found it boring, the charm wore off and it became repetitive and I didn't really care much about her, sorry.

Amélie (Jean-Pierre Jeanet, 2001)

Started off interesting enough with the man's childhood box, but after that I found it boring, the charm wore off and it became repetitive and I didn't really care much about her, sorry.
I love how you apologize.

Ha, I guess I shouldn't be sorry for my opinion. It just means I'm less likely to be attacked by the big fans of the film

Keep being correct Daniel . Just watch and dislike Children of Men next
Sorry to disappoint you, but I've seen it and liked it

Ha, I guess I shouldn't be sorry for my opinion. It just means I'm less likely to be attacked by the big fans of the film

Sorry to disappoint you, but I've seen it and liked it
You can attack him then Swan

Master of My Domain
The Magnificent Andersons (Welles, 1942)

What Welles does, but a lot of modern filmmakers don't do in their films: (1) Uses the props and surroundings he is given to build subtle conflict (2) Developers the characters of genuine human beings that don't have ice-cold cynical personalities (3) Draws influence from various pieces of literature

Edit: I watched this film before the HoF nominations got revealed. I will rewatch The Magnificent Ambersons for the HoF some time later, and it might change my thoughts.

+

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Great poster. John looks like he tried to pass gas and surprised himself instead.

Welcome to the human race...
The Godfather -

Not sure if it's just my version, but the extremely obvious ADR really stands out like a sore thumb.

In the Heat of the Night (1967) 3.5/5
Great cinematography by Haskell Wexler, and Quincy Jones' score was spot on.

Overall quite solid, but it didn't wow me enough to get a higher rating - just a bit lacking in tension and nuance for my taste.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Mikey and Nicky (1976)

-

Thoughts posted in the 9th Hall of Fame thread.
One of the most underrated movies ever... A top 20 of mine for sure.. Very neo-realistic! I'll go read your review!

I just watched Kitchen Sink, a 1989 short film by Alison Maclean, and holy cow, what an effective little horror film that is.
5/5

The Stoning of Soraya M. (2008)

+

This based on a true story takes place in an Islamic Iranian village, where a woman's purpose is to serve her man. Soraya is a mother of four, and is in an unhappy, abusive marriage to Ali. Ali wants a divorce so he can marry a 14 year old girl, and move to the city with his two sons, while also leaving his daughters behind. When Soraya is not agreeable to the divorce, he hatches a plot to show that she is dishonorable and unfaithful, crimes punishable by death. This is a very upsetting movie to watch. We know by the title how it all ends, yet it is heartbreaking and infuriating seeing it get to that point. The end result is disturbing on multiple levels. The only problem I have with the film is how it looks. I don't know if it's the type of film they used or what, but it has a clear look, kind of like a made for TV movie, and this takes away a truly authentic feel. While a lot of movies make you feel like you're there, this one simply feels like you're watching. Overall, it's still a very good movie.

Care for some gopher?
Smultronstället Wild Strawberries (Ingmar Bergman, 1957) -

Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End (Gore Verbinski, 2007) -

Turbo Kid (Francois Simard/Anouk Whissell/Yoann-Karl Whissell, 2015) -