BULL (2021) 6th season

Tools    

I get the sense that few on the forums watch this series on CBS. It's been a successful run, but there reportedly have been several problems among production people: one of the important cast members left (Freddy Rodriguez); series star Michael Weatherly was previously accused of sexual harrassment; the show runner left; and the show was sued by a disgruntled cast member (she was paid off by CBS).

Whether the show's travails have had an impact on its new season it's hard to say. But what's not hard to say is that the first episode was just about God-awful. They chose to completely go off format with a trite story about the Bull family's daughter being kidnapped. That wouldn't have to be the worst thing in the world, but the problem is that the writing was terrible, especially the dialogue. Even genuine great actors (of which there are none in the series) would likely come up short trying to make their lines believable. The episode almost felt like a satire.

Can they get back on track? Yes, but it'll take some much better writing. One gets the feeling that they are simply winding down to a cancellation. We'll see.

I've watched this show from the beginning and really enjoyed the season six premiere, but there's a huge hole in the show without Freddy Rodriguez...he was the heart of the show for me.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I get the sense that few on the forums watch this series on CBS. It's been a successful run, but there reportedly have been several problems among production people: one of the important cast members left (Freddy Rodriguez); series star Michael Weatherly was previously accused of sexual harrassment; the show runner left; and the show was sued by a disgruntled cast member (she was paid off by CBS).

Whether the show's travails have had an impact on its new season it's hard to say. But what's not hard to say is that the first episode was just about God-awful. They chose to completely go off format with a trite story about the Bull family's daughter being kidnapped. That wouldn't have to be the worst thing in the world, but the problem is that the writing was terrible, especially the dialogue. Even genuine great actors (of which there are none in the series) would likely come up short trying to make their lines believable. The episode almost felt like a satire.

Can they get back on track? Yes, but it'll take some much better writing. One gets the feeling that they are simply winding down to a cancellation. We'll see.
I've watched this show from the beginning and really enjoyed the season six premiere, but there's a huge hole in the show without Freddy Rodriguez...he was the heart of the show for me.

I've been watching "Bull" since the beginning, but I haven't had the heart to watch this season's premiere episode. (I DVRed it, but I haven't watched it yet.) I agree with Gideon that Freddy Rodriguez was the heart of the show, and I'm not looking forward to watching it without him.

I've been watching "Bull" since the beginning, but I haven't had the heart to watch this season's premiere episode. (I DVRed it, but I haven't watched it yet.) I agree with Gideon that Freddy Rodriguez was the heart of the show, and I'm not looking forward to watching it without him.
There's no reason they couldn't get back on track, especially if they introduced another dynamic character.

Looks like they only have 5 episodes, at least 5 of which the air dates are showing. The 2nd episode of season 6 sounds more like their typical fare, so it might have possibilities.

But the show and its production company just seems like it's been shot with too many arrows. Bottom line? Season 5 only had just over half as many viewers as did season 1.

I finally watched the first two episodes of the new season, and I didn't like the first episode at all. I watch "Bull" because it's a legal show, but it felt like I was watching a totally different show.

The second episode was better, but it's just not the same without Benny.

I finally watched the first two episodes of the new season, and I didn't like the first episode at all. I watch "Bull" because it's a legal show, but it felt like I was watching a totally different show.

The second episode was better, but it's just not the same without Benny.
Yeah, I think you're right. It looks to me like there will only be 4-5 episodes?

I didn't read the skinny on Freddie Rodriguez's departure. I presume it was him wanting more dough. Dunno.

I didn't read the skinny on Freddie Rodriguez's departure. I presume it was him wanting more dough. Dunno.

The only thing that I've read about Freddy Rodriguez leaving the show was that he left after some type of investigation, but they haven't released any details about it.

Bull Boss, Co-Star Freddy Rodriguez Both Out After Workplace Investigation (from May 21 2021)

'Bull’: Here’s Why Freddy Rodriguez Left the Show (from October 11, 2021)