Fantasy film, mid to late 80’s

Tools    

The trick is not minding
I don’t remember much of it, as I saw it when I was about 12.
It is a fantasy film, an all I can remember is a part where a sorcerer and sorceress, both villains, battle and kill each other, she being strangled as he magically (telepathically?) forced a rope to wrap around her neck. I do not recall his manner of death, but I do remember it being simultaneous.

Any help is appreciated.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I don’t remember much of it, as I saw it when I was about 12.
It is a fantasy film, an all I can remember is a part where a sorcerer and sorceress, both villains, battle and kill each other, she being strangled as he magically (telepathically?) forced a rope to wrap around her neck. I do not recall his manner of death, but I do remember it being simultaneous.

Any help is appreciated.
Pretty sure that's The French Connection.

seriously though, about when were you 12? that's not to doubt you were ever 12, btw. just trying to narrow down a decade. was it a theater release? tv? vhs rental? and uuuuuh, live action I assume?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
oh and I'm an idiot, at least on one of my questions!!! The decade was in the title. le sigh. still, all others are valid! (i think?)

The trick is not minding
Pretty sure that's The French Connection.

seriously though, about when were you 12? that's not to doubt you were ever 12, btw. just trying to narrow down a decade. was it a theater release? tv? vhs rental? and uuuuuh, live action I assume?
I watched this about 1989, on VHS, and I’m not sure if it had a theatrical release or not. Live action. Can’t even recall who the actors were