World Film Geek's DVD/Blu-Ray Collection

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
For the past few weeks, I've been working on inventorying my DVDs and Blu-Rays using VideoBrary. I now have a total of 1006 movies on DVD and Blu-Ray including box sets.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190519_211234.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	421.5 KB
ID:	54566   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190519_211252.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	428.3 KB
ID:	54567   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190519_211402.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	417.1 KB
ID:	54568  

Looks somewhat like my dvd collection. I just bought Whatever Happened to Baby Jane recently. I wonder how many DVDs I have.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
For the past few weeks, I've been working on inventorying my DVDs and Blu-Rays using VideoBrary. I now have a total of 1006 movies on DVD and Blu-Ray including box sets.

I've been looking for a good program to catalog my DVDs, (preferably a program that's a free download). What's VideoBrary?

VideoBrary is a Windows-based app that allows you to create your collection and if you want to pick a film for the night but not sure what, you can choose a random button on the app that can suggest a movie for you. It's only available through the Microsoft Store

VideoBrary is a Windows-based app that allows you to create your collection and if you want to pick a film for the night but not sure what, you can choose a random button on the app that can suggest a movie for you. It's only available through the Microsoft Store

How much is VideoBrary? Is it easy to enter movies into the database?

I've been considering an app called CLZ-Movies to catalog my DVDs. The free version only allows 100 movies, but the full version allows unlimited movies, and it's only $15. It's a phone app, and it can scan the barcodes on the DVDs to enter the movies into the database. It also stores the data both on the phone and in the cloud storage, and it can be used on more than one device.

It's a phone app, and it can scan the barcodes on the DVDs to enter the movies into the database.
Just eyeballed a few of my DVDs - old & new - and, yes, they all have a barcode. The plan you describe sounds pretty good. Presumably, the $15 is a one-off payment?

Just eyeballed a few of my DVDs - old & new - and, yes, they all have a barcode. The plan you describe sounds pretty good. Presumably, the $15 is a one-off payment?

I'm still using the free trial mode, so I'm not 100% sure, but it says "Unlock Full App" for $14.99, so it sounds like it's a one-time payment.

The trial mode, (up to 100 movies), is a free download, so you can try it first and make sure you like it before you buy it.

VideoBrary is free. The only downside was that they use TheMovieDB.com and I had to sign up (for free) to enter some of my indie films that were not in the database manually.

I'm eventually going to get some new shelving but it's holding up for now.

Well I did get some new (stronger) shelves and was able to get all my DVDs and Blu-Rays together. Plus I've collected a lot more lately.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200302_182844.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	469.6 KB
ID:	61091   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200302_182858.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	448.7 KB
ID:	61092   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200302_182922.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	459.4 KB
ID:	61093  

Well I did get some new (stronger) shelves and was able to get all my DVDs and Blu-Rays together. Plus I've collected a lot more lately.
Nice. I think you have more than I do.

I've gotten some more DVDs and Blu-Rays and I found an awesome collection app called MyMovies. I paid $5 for it but it is well worth it. I can just scan my barcodes and once I am done, I can actually generate a report of my collection to print out. It's awesome!

I started a 3-part series called What's in My Collection on YouTube. The first is my Blu-Ray collection as of today:

I started a 3-part series called What's in My Collection on YouTube. The first is my Blu-Ray collection as of today:

gosh loved ur collection hopefully u keep them , loved ur youtube channel. i subbed to ur channel by the way

gosh loved ur collection hopefully u keep them , loved ur youtube channel. i subbed to ur channel by the way
Thank you so much!!!! Will be working on Part 2 this week, where I cover my DVDs