The MoFo Top 100 of the Forties: The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Oh, that's a tough one, as she played lots of different types of bad. Buy yeah The Letter is the most real bad she might have done in a role, without being evil bad...and Bette does evil bad real good too, my fav evil bad would be Jezebel.
My fave evil Bette is definitely The Little Foxes...she is just bone-chilling in that movie.

My List:

3.Scarlet Street (1945)
4. Blithe Spirit (1945)
5.Education for Death: The Making of the Nazi (1943)
7. King Size Canary (1947)
23. Detour (1945)
25. You Gotta Stay Happy (1948) (1 pointer)
Good to see you had Scarlett Street so high on your list It didn't make my list, even though I think very highly of it, just because I had so many other movies that I wanted to include. I'm telling ya all, I needed at least 100 spots on my list.

I love Detour, good to see that on your list too.

My fave evil Bette is definitely The Little Foxes...she is just bone-chilling in that movie.
Yeah, she's pretty evil in Little Foxes too. Though there's a British made film with Bette were she's purely evil. I forget the name of it at the moment.

surprising, but I'm sure that one, if not two will make the list at some point.
Yeah, most likely Bambi, and possibly also Fantasia, Dumbo or Pinocchio.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I also watched Rome, Open City today and thought it was very good. Possibly would have been on my list if I had seen it in time.

Yeah, she's pretty evil in Little Foxes too. Though there's a British made film with Bette were she's purely evil. I forget the name of it at the moment.
Are you possibly referring to The Anniversary?

It's not The Nanny is it? I wouldn't call her purely evil in that though as
WARNING: "nanny" spoilers below
it's basically a breakdown
. You actually picked that for me in the pick a movie for someone thread or whatever it's called.

Think Bambi, Pinocchio and Fantasia will make it and Dumbo has a good shot too.

I watched Easter Parade last night and quite enjoyed it.
One of these days I'll do a
Musical Live Action Hof Part 2... but sometime in the future, not right now... I do hope to have you join again.

Are you possibly referring to The Anniversary?
Yes! That's it. Have you seen it?

I think you're right on those. They're well loved and have good name recognition and I'm sure a lot of people have seen them.....except me The only one I've seen is Fantasia thanks to an Hof. I liked it too.

I think you're right on those. They're well loved and have good name recognition and I'm sure a lot of people have seen them.....except me The only one I've seen is Fantasia thanks to an Hof. I liked it too.
Bambi and Pinocchio are my two favourite Disney Films. You should check them out some time you might be surprised. Bambi is only about an hour long and i think that's the best one.

Bambi and Pinocchio are my two favourite Disney Films. You should check them out some time you might be surprised. Bambi is only about an hour long and i think that's the best one.
I image I would like them, I know my wife would enjoy them. Just so many movies, and not enough time.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
got to do a rewatch of Bambi last year, give or take for one of the animated tournaments that camo did and, yes, CR, you would really love that one.
Dumbo is a strong one as well,
WARNING: "though everyone" spoilers below
always thinks of how much they cried during the scene with his mom predominately.

so it's a tough call. I do think Pinocchio will be there as well.

It's not The Nanny is it? I wouldn't call her purely evil in that though as
WARNING: "nanny" spoilers below
it's basically a breakdown
. You actually picked that for me in the pick a movie for someone thread or whatever it's called.

She's not evil in The Nanny...the kid she cares for, played by William Dix, is, that kid is totally evil.

One of these days I'll do a
Musical Live Action Hof Part 2... but sometime in the future, not right now... I do hope to have you join again.

Yes! That's it. Have you seen it?

I saw The Anniversary once about a hundred years ago, don't remember it too well.

When I was a kid, countdowns counted down a lot faster than this.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra