Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Are they going to have Batman's origin in here? I thought I read somewhere that it wasn't going to be included. Yet, I can honestly say that I've watched this trailer about 5 times now , and it definitely looks as if it is in this movie. Unless, do you think there will be some sort of flashback or something? I haven't heard anything else about anything like that except that it wasn't going to be in it (but that was a while ago - and just gossip, anyway).

Yeah, there's a few scenes in the trailer that are flashbacks to the Wayne Murders.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is seen in the trailer, and he's playing Thomas Wayne in BvS.

I doubt they'll do the whole origins thing... Batman in BvS is an aged man, with a lot of battling behind him.
As I spotted in an earlier post, the Nightwing costume... this means Robin and Nightwing has been and gone... so having a total origins story would be a bit much.

Yeah, I was thinking it would be too much, too, if they had an entire origin. But seeing that bit in the trailer, I was wondering how much they would be showing at all. And flashbacks make a lot more sense to me. But this just makes me much more curious now to see how they go about showing it.

Well, all the other Batfilms have had flashbacks. Batman, Batman Returns (I think), Batman Forever...

The only one that didn't was Batman Begins, which was a full on origins story.

But yeah, BvS being based so far into Batman's life, like in his late 40s or early 50s, then yeah, they're more than likely just having a few flashbacks like in Batman and Batman Forever.

I don't get the Affleck shade. What action/ comic movie actor are these people suppose to be compared to?

Taking Bale out of the equation (bc he was done with the role), who is a better choice?

I'm sold on the casting of the heroes .
I am willing to wager Bale was done because Nolan was done. He has done interviews saying he could have been lured back in to do another its just he didnt like mixing of the heroes. But I am certain If Nolan was on board to direct hed still be batman.

I am willing to wager Bale was done because Nolan was done. He has done interviews saying he could have been lured back in to do another its just he didnt like mixing of the heroes. But I am certain If Nolan was on board to direct hed still be batman.
Yeah, I thought I read somewhere (a long time ago) that he would make the exception if Nolan would have another story that he'd want to film. But Nolan was definitely done with the Batman films. So, that is the main reason why you know Bale is done with the character.

Finished here. It's been fun.
I like the trailer. It will probably be better than the Nolan Batmans, which isn't hard to do honestly. Didn't like Man of Steel, but really like Watchmen so I'm okay with Snyder as director.

I like how they've gone down the route of having consequences for all that destruction in MOS.

It may be undeserved blame against Superman, but technically he was part of it, and is the only one left to blame since Zod is dead and the other Kryptonians were all pulled back into the Phantom Zone... so the paranoid Government are making Supes their scapegoat for blame for the deaths of innocent people and destruction of a huge chunk of Metropolis.

I love the trailer and I like the possible batman universe's easter egg. And I don't know why but I really thought that Alfred was Robert D. Jr, I look it up and I see that he isn't but I really think he looks similar

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
This trailer is so good it should be a holy sin... I mean it answered so many questions, and I love how even in the trailer you can see connection with SS. Just amazing trailer in general... Affleck is wonderful I mean those scenes when he looks at newspaper and suit are so well acted. I watched the trailer too many times to count at this point.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
It's gonna be hard on you guys when it hits RT with a score of 45%.

I honestly really couldn't care less what others will think about this movie. I never really do care. If I like a movie, I like it. That is what matters.

And I was watching the trailer again a little while ago. With MOS, I was a little unsure in the beginning. I didn't know how I would like Henry Cavill as Superman. I am one of those people that is a little hung-up on Christopher Reeve as THE Superman. But Cavill grew on me as the movie progressed. And then I ended up really liking him. And as I was watching the trailer this last time, I know he is a good choice. This is a different type of Superman, and a different type of movie, than any with Reeve. So, it is alright to have a different actor "taking over" that character. And I just think overall Cavill is actually a very good choice. He really seems to make Superman and Clark Kent believable and (dare I use the word??) human.

As for Ben Affleck, I didn't really have any issue with him as Batman. I know people complained in the beginning (when his casting was first announced), but I had a feeling he would fit the role. And when I see him in this trailer, I am actually very satisfied with the choice.

I swear that every time I watch that trailer I get more frustrated that it is going to be so long until I can watch the movie!

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
It's gonna be hard on you guys when it hits RT with a score of 45%.
Or you when it gets awesome reviews.

Edit: Who cares what RT say's?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Or you when it gets awesome reviews.

Edit: Who cares what RT say's?
Yep I'll be devastated when it gets good reviews. I'll probably skip these forums in shame for 6 months haha.

edit: Man of Steel was really bad.