Is Movie Forums DYING?

Tools    

I'll start tonight. Alone in my bedroom with a 2-track.

Already sounds like Burzum.
If you want any Nolansesque lyrics (from their death metal phase) just let me know and I'll knock you some up.

If you want any Nolansesque lyrics (from their death metal phase) just let me know and I'll knock you some up.

Yes, please! I think I know what I'm asking for...

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Also a free speech person. One of the most important aspects of free speech is the ability to decide whether or not you want to listen to/read something. Since the ignore feature doesn't suppress anyone's ability to post, and only the readers ability to interact, it seems like a great feature to me.

I guess. Too bad the real world doesn't allow you not deal with stuff you don't want to. Then again, when in the digital world.

I have my own people I chat with more often than with anyone else.
Sounds like one of the cliques you complained about 2 days ago.

To use this or any forum as your go-to for happiness would be a miserable solution. The escape place becomes an albatross theyre chained to because they remember how it was, and weighs them down. Its a great place to talk movies, and friendships can develop. It isnt a treatment center, or therapy.
Good post & it’s true. It’s sad when someone is unhappy that his/her friends here aren’t online when he/she is, they don’t post quickly enough for him or her, they don’t fully participate in his/her threads, etc., etc. This is a place to come to relax for a few hours, but it’s no substitute for life itself, whether that be good or bad.

Let the night air cool you off
There's got to be a Metal Band called Banhammer out there somewhere.
There was a pro wrestler named Van Hammer and a band called Van Halen. That's close, right?

I think it says a lot about MoFo that the site and community as a whole has weathered an entire legion of people like this over the years. When I first joined, there was a particular member that was a relentless troll. Interacting with him was like navigating verbal barbed wire while being pummeled on the noggin with a ball peen hammer. He was a prolific poster, and pissed off many, many regulars, but eventually, he was gone. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...
I’m just thankful for the IGNORE option.

There was a pro wrestler named Van Hammer
haha. Who the hell is this guy? I'm not reading his wiki article to find out. He looks like a mix of Shawn Michaels and Lex Luger purely by his face on that wiki picture.

A system of cells interlinked
I guess. Too bad the real world doesn't allow you not deal with stuff you don't want to. Then again, when in the digital world.
Of course it does. Simply turn off the TV, radio, podcast, or leave whatever area you are in that contains the content you don't like. You can leave the movie theater, seminar, event...

I am curious as to some examples of how you are forced to listen to or watch something in the real world, unless this is you:

In which case I understand completely!

haha. Who the hell is this guy? I'm not reading his wiki article to find out. He looks like a mix of Shawn Michaels and Lex Luger purely by his face on that wiki picture.
Notoriously bad pro wrestler who kept getting work because he was a huge guy that looked the part.

So, now I have about a two dozen people on my ignore list and had most of them for several years in a row now.
24 people in ignore? I don’t think I even know 24 people here.

Notoriously bad pro wrestler who kept getting work because he was a huge guy that looked the part.
When i was a kid i used to watch 80's/early 90's wrestling with my brother in law and i was terrified of The Natural Disasters. Earthquake much more than Typhoon even though he was smaller, think it was coz he was balding . Anyway i saw this video at one point, was hilarious but the moment i found out (like 2 years after i first watched it and i was a weird wrestling nerd) that it was Typhoon my mind was blown and i was depressed.

When i was a kid i used to watch 80's/early 90's wrestling with my brother in law and i was terrified of The Natural Disasters. Earthquake much more than Typhoon even though he was smaller, think it was coz he was balding . Anyway i saw this video at one point, was hilarious but the moment i found out (like 2 years after i first watched it and i was a weird wrestling nerd) that it was Typhoon my mind was blown and i was depressed.
I think the Shockmaster might be the greatest trump card anyone can pull on you if they think wrestling is dumb and you try to defend it. Regardless of how unfair it is to judge anything by only its worst example, they'll always win with that clip.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Of course it does. Simply turn off the TV, radio, podcast, or leave whatever area you are in that contains the content you don't like. You can leave the movie theater, seminar, event...

I am curious as to some examples of how you are forced to listen to or watch something in the real world, unless this is you:

In which case I understand completely!
I'm not enough of an intellectual to do you justice.

You check out a woman, her ol' man knocks you out, no way to press ignore. Real life.

If you are talking about ignoring media and not real life situations, then you're right.

I feel like you're being cheeky, you're too smart and I'm not that denim. Plus a back and forth with a mod is not my cup of tea.

I think the Shockmaster might be the greatest trump card anyone can pull on you if they think wrestling is dumb and you try to defend it. Regardless of how unfair it is to judge anything by only its worst example, they'll always win with that clip.
Agreed but it's also the best clip to show people worth talking to that it's awesome!

A system of cells interlinked
I'm not enough of an intellectual to do you justice.

You check out a woman, her ol' man knocks you out, no way to press ignore. Real life.

If you are talking about ignoring media and not real life situations, then you're right.

I feel like you're being cheeky, you're too smart and I'm not that denim. Plus a back and forth with a mod is not my cup of tea.
Fair enough. I have a better idea of your angle now, so it's all good! I will agree that I am probably cheeky. As for smart, the app I use in the morning to make me smarter keeps calling me a dumb-ass, so the jury is still out there.

Carry on!

Agreed but it's also the best clip to show people worth talking to that it's awesome!
Every time you show that clip, you have to lead with "okay, hear me out..."

I use to watch CNN and PBS/local news all the time. That was back in my 20s. I felt I needed to know what was going on in the real world. And it made me angry, so much injustices, so much wrong in the world...so I finally shut off the news and I became much happier. That's a true story.