I just don't understand why Pearl Harbor is soo slated?

Tools    

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I know it bombed at the box-office back in 2001 and was given bad reviews, i thought it was an excellent and fun WWII action drama despite the love story.

This movie has been compared by many to " Titanic" and " Saving Private Ryan" including "Star Wars", sure the movie wasn't as excellent as those but i think it works well. It is made by Michael Bay ( who did "Armageddon", " Bad Boys" and " The Rock").

Originally Posted by Johnlindsey289
I know it bombed at the box-office back in 2001 and was given bad reviews, i thought it was an excellent and fun WWII action drama despite the love story.
The movie actually made $200-million in U.S. box office alone, including a $75-million opening weekend. It did get some rippingly horrible reviews, which it rightly earned by being such a smoldering turd.

This movie has been compared by many to "Titanic" and "Saving Private Ryan" including "Star Wars", sure the movie wasn't as excellent as those but i think it works well. It is made by Michael Bay (who did "Armageddon", " Bad Boys" and " The Rock").
Michael Bay is king of the hacks. His movies are hollow, dumbed-down spectacle for morons, and Pearl Harbor - despite the subject matter, is no different.

But hey, I'm glad to hear somebody enjoyed it. Other than Michael Bay's Mom.

*and as a side note, why do you insist on leaving a space between the parenthesis and the word or date inside it ( just wondering)?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

not to mention paul anderson, hes another bum

Originally Posted by Johnlindsey289

This movie has been compared by many to " Titanic" and " Saving Private Ryan" including "Star Wars", sure the movie wasn't as excellent as those but i think it works well. It is made by Michael Bay ( who did "Armageddon", " Bad Boys" and " The Rock").
sorry but i can't agree...the footage was the only thing that made this movie interesting...at least for me...

It should have been named... "Pearl Harbor the Jackie Collins Way"....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bad Morther****er
Pearl Harbor was god awful. It had the awful movie trifecta; the aforementioned Micheal Bay, Ben Affleck, and Cuba Gooding Jr. It's almost like they were following some type of deranged formula to make as bad a movie as possible.

On a positive note they accomplished what they set out to do by making a flaming pile of dog doo.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

" Say what again i dare you!!"
The effects were brilliant, but i couldnt watch the movie because i heard so much bad stuff about it and after ohhh 35 mins of it it was boring.

The only part of the movie worth seeing, and the only part you *should* see... are the 10min of bombing done on Pearl Harbour. I loved the visual effects. Trust me... That would be the lone reason for seeing this film.

There are those who call me...Tim.
The fact that it was a clone of Titanic but with planes should be enough of a reason why people hate this film.

And this is my BOOMstick!
One of the best films of the decade. I can't believe none of you like it.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
T'was a horrible movie, not something I would call a war movie... the only war going on during this movie.. was me trying to click the DVD player off.

There are those who call me...Tim.
I don't see how anyone can like it. I was so bored after about an hour that the only reason I stayed in the cinema to watch it was because I'd paid Ł5.50 to get in.
Also, I can't think of anything more insulting to all those people who died on that day than the film makers calling it a tribute to them. Good special effects and big budgets do not make good movies. If I wanted to see that I'd watch Independance Day and actually enjoy myself.

I don't have the foaming-at-the-mouth hatred for it that some folks do, but it is definitely boring, predictable, and dumb.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
If I wanted to see that I'd watch Independance Day and actually enjoy myself.
I wonder if there's anyone who doesn't like that movie.

Originally Posted by Nitzer
I wonder if there's anyone who doesn't like that movie.
Meh. It's okay, but I have some serious issues with it, since plot holes and problems with logic abound. I mean, I can suspend disbelief to a certain extent, but ID4 seriously pushes the bounds of credibility.

I much prefer Men In Black.

A system of cells interlinked
For some reason I like it, even though I know I shouldn't.....the guy with the gravel voice is terrible though. The movie is pure camp, and I enjoy it.

You would enjoy it, Sedai. Pure unadulterated progandandist tripe that it was....

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Ulysses Everett McGill
You would enjoy it, Sedai. Pure unadulterated progandandist tripe that it was....

Propadandist? Is that some sort of scalp malady? And your right, it was a bad movie, as I said. Thanks for enforcing my statement with your verbal wizardry. Oh, and try to get that propadandis taken care of, I bet it is quite painful.