Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

→ in
Tools    

i like the HP movies and it seems that as we get farther and farther into the potter movies they keep getting darker which make me like them more

Best so far...when Half-Blood prince comes out though it'll be like...BAM!!! I think this one will be better than OotP.

I loved the dragon scene.

And I'm sick of everyone being all like "They left this out...they left that out." When in truth if they didn't leave anything out, they'd be saying; "That movie was WAAAYYYY too long so I don't like it."

I love long movies...that's just the way it is.

www.forumninja.com
I'd probably rank these films in a weird order... with the odds being the best and the evens being... err... less. I've never read any of the books, so I'm sure having read them colors the imagination and expectations to some extent, but for my small part in the moviegoing landscape... I expected nothing from the first HP film and came away dazzled. I was enchanted by the scene where the letters pour out from every direction in the house. I'm not a fan of Chris Columbus by any means, but I have to say he hooked me with that single scene, and while the film was a little overblown, it never let me down. I was equally charmed by the sheer darkness of the third film.

I'm now under the impression that a mediocre Harry Potter film is still better than 99% of family films out there. I wouldn't call part 2 or 4 mediocre films, but compared to 1 and 3, I was a bit let down by both. To me, part 2 had an unconvincing conclusion and The Goblet of Fire had an extremely slow pace and felt like it was lacking a payoff. Still, good movies... and I'll remember Goblet of Fire more than I ever will the ultra-lame and sickeningly bland Chronicles of Narnia film.

I really enjoyed this film. Although I am a big HP fan this one has to be my favorite of the movies so far and a big upgrade to the Prisoner which made me very happy. cant wait for the next installment.

Just some Harry Potter DVD info in case ya'll are interested:

As of this year, Warner Brothers Home Video will putting on moratorium the first two Harry Potter films says The Hollywood Reporter. Harry Potter and the Sorcer's Stone and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban will be locked up in Warner's home video vault on December 29th. After Feburary 9th 2007, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will leave shelves . Unfortunately, there is no set date for their return.

Source: DVD Nation

I saw the movie earlier this month on PPV. It was really good. Better than I thought it would be. I almost cried when Cedric died. That was a really sad part. I think the Half Blood Prince will be even better probably. Back on the Goblet of Fire, I really liked the book. The movie didn't leave out anything, as far as I can tell. It was shorter than I thought it would be. Really well done! Cheers to the crew!

Wuv,tru wuv will forrow you forevah
This movie has been my favorite by far to this point. We shall see what the next Harry Potter has in store.

i love every miovie, and every book, it's just i find with all the directer switrching that each movie gets a little worse than the one before, but there still really good.
Just a dog? Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's just a dog? What a horrible candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, "He can't climb that mountain, he's just a man", or "That's not a diamond, it's just a rock." Just.

I also love both the movies and the books, but I thought The Goblet Of Fire was an upgrade over Azkaban. But I still love them all.

I love harry potter

I love harry potter! I thought that it was aweosme!

I have really enjoyed all the adaptations of the HP books, having read them all. POA is my favourite, it has a different feel to the others, and some of the cinematography is superb.

Ash_Lee, I agree with you about Sirius. Just hoping they don't make a complete mess of it!

I also think we should be seeing a bit more of This will most likely happen in the fifth movie, though

It' such a fine line between stupid and clever...

These go to eleven.

nOtHiNg Is FoReVeR....
the film was good if you havent read the book. if you read the book then its kinda crap...

Anyone here who already made their reservations for the next installment of J.K Rowling's 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.' ?

Anyone here who already made their reservations for the next installment of J.K Rowling's 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.' ?
Hmm, probably not, because the next film in the series will be Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

Yes. At K-Mart. It's mine at midnight the day it comes out for a mere 59 cents.

Yes. At K-Mart. It's mine at midnight the day it comes out for a mere 59 cents.
I actually went to a "Midnight buying" for the last book, and will probably do so again, though I don't think I'll stay up all night reading it, as I believe my sister has.