Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

He had some brilliant lines right enough. Some great put-downs.

He is English after all, so he has probably been on the receiving end of some classic French impudence.

Aitla Battle Angel 7/10

Red sparrow 9/10

Bought both steelbooks and dont regret it!!

“I was cured, all right!”

★★★★★
It's been a long time since I watched such a good science fiction. It was a great experience not remembering anything. My girlfriend and I was on the edge of our seats all the time. Loved the Marines dialogues.
EDIT: Signor Weaver ROCKS²

So bad it killed my mood - I didn't want to see any other movies after this one for the rest of the weekend ... I was like "boy, I should be studying".
My girl fell asleep after 30 minutes of boredom ...

Might have helped if I had re-watched the very last BB episode as it’s been a while & this made for some confusion in the movie. Aaron Paul excellent in the movie & I enjoyed it very much.

Re-watch. Chemistry between Gere & Garcia is excellent in that they hate each other. No subtitles, which is annoying, but a good movie.

Who was it who recommended this movie here? MarkF? Had never heard of this movie let alone seen it, which was my loss. An excellent movie.

Strange Aussie movie about OCD filmed in a single take. Really good. Australians are v. good actors.

Excellent movie that I had never seen or heard of. Really enjoyed it.

Binge watching this 😂 amazing as ever. On sale for 20$ at best but, 6 great movies abd a steelbook?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0171.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	416.7 KB
ID:	58502  

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Maniac (Michael Carreras, 1963)
5/10
I Am a Thief (Robert Florey, 1934)
6/10
Wounds (Babak Anvari, 2019)
5/10
Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood (Quentin Tarantino, 2019)
7/10

Washed-up TV star Leonardo DiCaprio and his driver/stunt man Brad Pitt live a pop culture cornucopia in the late '60s, intersecting with the Manson Clan.
Stop Me Before I Kill! AKA The Full Treatment (Val Guest, 1960)
5.5/10
The Other Side (Roberto Minervini, 2015)
5/10
Island of the Hungry Ghosts (Gabrielle Brady, 2018)
5.5/10
For Sama (Waad Al-Khateab & Edward Watts, 2019)
- 7/10

While bombs drop and babies are born and die, Aleppo hospitals and homes are destroyed.
The Third Wife (Ash Mayfair, 2018)
5.5/10
Smashing the Money Ring (Terry Morse, 1939)
5/10
Lorena, Light-footed Woman (Juan Carlos Rulfo 2019)
5.5/10
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (Chad Stahelski, 2019)
6.5/10

A typical John Wick (Keanu Reeves) action extravaganza, but they are getting longer and longer.
The Return of the Scarlet Pimpernel (Hans Schwartz,1937)
5.5/10
Reprise (Joachim Trier, 2006)
6.5/10
Sweet Land (Ali Selim, 2005)
+ 6/10
Black Mother (Khalik Allah 2018)
6.5/10

Innovative documentary on the history, religion, politics and philosophy of Jamaica.
The Bill Murray Stories: Life Lessons Learned from a Mythical Man (Tommy Avallone, 2018)
6.5/10
The Noah (Daniel Bourla 1975)
+ 6/10
Have Mercy on Us All (Régis Wargnier, 2007)
5.5/10
Ready or Not (Matt Bettinelli-Olpin & Tyler Gillett, 2019)
- 6.5/10

Bride Samara Weaving isn't prepared for what's in store with her in-laws.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is my favourite film of the year. I saw it twice in the cinema and have ordered the Blu-ray ready for when it comes out on that in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to watch it again. It's like somebody made a movie for me, Hollywood movies, Westerns, all my favourite actors. I went to watch it with 4 others who all loved it too, we all found it hilarious, but then my housemate watched it with another friend and he hated it.

I could watch Leo and Brad drive around to great Sixties music for the rest of my life

TERMINATOR: DARK FATE
(2019)

Overrated. Pointless. Unnecessary.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Neds (2010)

+

The British do a real fine job with troubled youth films and this was no exception. This one felt like it went on forever but it was still very good. A little more charisma from a character or two would have helped. Sometimes, for some reason, when I watch a DVD, the subtitle option is on. Usually I just turn it off but this time I left it on and I definitely needed them. I think I had this on my watchlist due to a Chypmunk post.
Cricket

Have you seen Klass from Estonia?

If you like troubled teen films... let me know.. I have more.

This was a very interesting documentary about the most influential ideologue in Brazil in this generation. I don't know if it is available in other languages (I watched it on amazon prime but the Brazilian selection is different). This guy is hardcore rightwing of the likes Latin American politics had never seen before and now he is the main ideological influence on my country's government. A truly radical change.

Movie Forums Extra
superman 5/10

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is my favourite film of the year.
It’s gonna be my Thanksgiving day streaming movie. Looking forward to it v. much.

“I was cured, all right!”

This was a very interesting documentary about the most influential ideologue in Brazil in this generation. I don't know if it is available in other languages (I watched it on amazon prime but the Brazilian selection is different). This guy is hardcore rightwing of the likes Latin American politics had never seen before and now he is the main ideological influence on my country's government. A truly radical change.
Agora, ver isso por aqui é uma surpresa!

Midsommar (2019)

The Current War (2019)

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.