Does anybody else really not like Black Friday?

Tools    

The truth is in here
Holidays like midsummer, Christmas and Easter at least are a bit more festive, there's a lot you can do to get into the spirit of or celebrate Christmas for instance. But Black Friday is literally about nothing but consumerism, people treat it like some holy thing when all it's about are stores going "Buy my ****!". It honestly kinda repulses me it's seen as a respected holiday, the same I feel about 4/20.

Holidays like midsummer, Christmas and Easter at least are a bit more festive, there's a lot you can do to get into the spirit of or celebrate Christmas for instance. But Black Friday is literally about nothing but consumerism, people treat it like some holy thing when all it's about are stores going "Buy my ****!". It honestly kinda repulses me it's seen as a respected holiday, the same I feel about 4/20.
You couldn't pay me to go to a store on this day.
Well... maybe if you paid me and I didn't have to go in!

By the South Park parody's I thought it was like '95% off of Gaming PC' or something, but nope. It's like 30% off. Shops do those kinda offers EVERY DAY, don't know why they make it look like it only happens on this day.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I'm lost on the point of the brick & mortar sales, compared to shopping online. All of the super deals are on off-brand items the majority of the time. With limited stock, you aren't likely to get one to begin with.

It is a great concept. When people invest that much energy and time, they are likely to buy something to justify the trip.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Holy hell I didnt realise it was actually a public holiday. I think the term black friday is just used here (mostly for net sales) when it's a friday and those sales are (yeah yeah) up to 80% off. There is a Black Friday sale for big dept stores but I dont know when it is because you couldnt pay me to go to one. People act like a stampede of animals, same with boxing day sales.

whats wrong with 420?

I have never been to a store on Black Friday, and when I make a significant purchase I shop around online anyway. My wife did happen to go to the dispensary today and was surprised to find out that they even had a Black Friday sale. She stocked up even more than usual.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
whats wrong with 420?
Injecting marihuana into your veins makes you a pleb.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Holy hell I didnt realise it was actually a public holiday.
It isn't.

I have done some Black Friday shopping in San Francisco years ago with a friend, and really didn't see the appeal. These days I try to get my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving. I do occasionally look at Amazon's deals but that's about it.

This year I still have a few things left to buy, but since those things are edible I'm going to wait until closer to the holiday.

oh. someone called it a holiday.

boxing day sales are a holiday here only because boxing day is a holiday. do you guys have boxing day? might be a british thing. 26 december

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I bought my girlfriend the Kindle 10 for Christmas about three weeks back for $150, along with a $40 keyboard for it and Pokemon: Moon for $40. Today, I see that Pokemon Moon is going for about $30, the Kindle is on Amazon for $90, and I don't dare see if the keyboard is marked down. In that respect, ... I am not happy with Black Friday at the moment.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
This sums up my feelings about Black Friday:

Suspect's Reviews

This sums up my feelings about Black Friday:

i walked into a friend's italian dress shop once not realising it was closed for 'stock take'. they were changing the price tag from 500 bucks to 500 bucks for boxing day sales true story

oh. someone called it a holiday.

boxing day sales are a holiday here only because boxing day is a holiday. do you guys have boxing day? might be a british thing. 26 december
No, we do not have boxing day.

I think Canada does.
Yeah i looked it up because Ive never known what boxing day means and no 0ne from my generation that I know does either. It's an old british empire thing from when tradesmen dropped around to snooty employers' stately homes to pick up their xmas box, probably fromthe tradesmen's entrance and handed over by the head 'servant'. Also anyone who performederrands for the 'master' and was never paid, like postmen. Should really have been called Christmas Box Day. It's also called (apparently) St Stephen's Day but I had never heard of him or St Stephens Day either.