IMDB Alumni, post here!

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Well after talking to several people, Yoda included, decided to forget the bad start and try again...

Here I am.. Enjoy.
Hey man, glad you are here.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Hi Odum, I;m also a newb imdb refugee but I missed whatever miscommunication hap[pened. Nice avatar.

Hi Odum, I;m also a newb imdb refugee but I missed whatever miscommunication hap[pened. Nice avatar.
Which forums did you spend most time on?

I was on BCS with dteam, Hannibal, ahs, WW, Black Sails, Night Of, The Crown. Basically any tv show with violence usually. Whatever movies i had just seen but I dont hang about on those for long although I've loved a few movies so much I've spent months chatting on those boards. Just enough to discuss liking it or not and seeing other PoVs as a general rule. A few celebrity boards to study celebrity worship syndrome. how about you?

I was on BCS with dteam, Hannibal, ahs, WW, Black Sails, Night Of, The Crown. Basically any tv show with violence usually. Whatever movies i had just seen but I dont hang about on those for long although I've loved a few movies so much I've spent months chatting on those boards. Just enough to discuss liking it or not and seeing other PoVs as a general rule. A few celebrity boards to study celebrity worship syndrome. how about you?
I started at the Prometheus board and jumped to the BvS board. There I stayed for the sheer pleasure of all the meltdowns happening.

I also commented on 1 or 2 other movies I didn't like. I generally only comment on the ones I don't like. I don't think I could add anything else to the ones I felt satisfied with

What's BvS? Oh I think I know. I havent seen that movie so havent been there. I think I saw dteam on The Force Awakens board. I commented there i was disappointed with that movie after growing up with the first three, thought the second three were bad, and didnt like TFA. Gave my reasons and had some good chats from people who liked it so it was good to share opposing PoVs without fisty cuffs. I like seeing both sides because it can give me fresh eyes to go back for a rewatch. I also like talking about movies I love but happy to read the opposing PoV when it doesnt resort to 'this movie sucks and anyone who likes it is *insert lame insult*. They get pretty tedious.

Stayed on the star wars board for a bit because that place was just one big punch up, but the novelty wore off after a day or so, Here sp far I've experienced the more civil style of discussion where a poster to give an eg, told me why she dropped off Black Sails which I've really enjoyed. It was good to see her reasons and I totally understand them. No fisty cuffs. A much welcome relief.

Not sure I spent much time on the prometheus board. Great looking film but I had issues with it and wasnt enchanted enough to get fresh eyes for a rewatch.

Do you think there will be a flood of IMDB posters when it actually closes down? Everyone is still pretty much clinging to the boards there. There was a piece in The Guardian today about the boards shutting down.

(Is swearing allowed here or is that a no-no? Do you take the British or the American approach? As a matter of interest, is this an American site?)

What's BvS? Oh I think I know. I havent seen that movie so havent been there. I think I saw dteam on The Force Awakens board. I commented there i was disappointed with that movie after growing up with the first three, thought the second three were bad, and didnt like TFA. Gave my reasons and had some good chats from people who liked it so it was good to share opposing PoVs without fisty cuffs. I like seeing both sides because it can give me fresh eyes to go back for a rewatch. I also like talking about movies I love but happy to read the opposing PoV when it doesnt resort to 'this movie sucks and anyone who likes it is *insert lame insult*. They get pretty tedious.

Stayed on the star wars board for a bit because that place was just one big punch up, but the novelty wore off after a day or so, Here sp far I've experienced the more civil style of discussion where a poster to give an eg, told me why she dropped off Black Sails which I've really enjoyed. It was good to see her reasons and I totally understand them. No fisty cuffs. A much welcome relief.

Not sure I spent much time on the prometheus board. Great looking film but I had issues with it and wasnt enchanted enough to get fresh eyes for a rewatch.
BVS - Batman V Superman.

Yeah, sadly there are Fanatics in every big franchise board. If you say you didn't like the movie they'll call you names and what not. That's when I start having my share of fun.

I hope this Forum is nothing of that sort. I prefer to hangout with actual adults who are able to have a proper intelligent conversation even if the opinions may differ.

Do you think there will be a flood of IMDB posters when it actually closes down? Everyone is still pretty much clinging to the boards there. There was a piece in The Guardian today about the boards shutting down.

(Is swearing allowed here or is that a no-no? Do you take the British or the American approach? As a matter of interest, is this an American site?)
A welcoming site is always nice as long as the people who come in are also nice and non.abusive.
There may be a torrent of IMDB refugees coming, which is only natural.
Let's hope the nasty ones stay outside.

If anyone talks bad about Nolan's Batman trilogy, they're getting the boot.

I have 160+ posts. I have more power than you could ever imagine.

Can we talk highly of 2/3rds of it? Because I really love Batman Begins.

Yes, I'm a refugee as well. Glad to see a moderated world where we can actually talk about movies and not about what racist or homophobic thing some baboon said in a thread.

Having a lot of posts doesn't give you power. I have more posts than anyone else (almost 68,000) and look at me!

Having a lot of posts doesn't give you power. I have more posts than anyone else (almost 68,000) and look at me!
Longevity helped, though. You beat me to the username Sexy Celebrity by close to 15 years.

I only like Batman Begins. The other ones I couldn't care less about, to be honest.

Longevity helped, though. You beat me to the username Sexy Celebrity by close to 15 years.
I would - for real - trade names with you if they'd let us.

I could be ST.