Agree or Disagree?
66.67%
2 votes
Agree
33.33%
1 votes
Disagree
3 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I saw "Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightening Thief" Last night. It had all of the tell tale signs of a selling movie. Comedy relief best friend/Goat, Love Interest, Mental issues made into something special. I think what this movie is telling me is that maybe my Diabetes is actually some kind of special power and my dyslexia is because I'm "Hard Wired For Greek" as was mentioned in the movie. It seemed like the whole movie was supposed to be a fast forward to the sensational parts and selling lines. There was no back story, no relationship development, character development(besides percy), and most of all there were no memorable dialog. This is what I call a cookie cutter type movie. You have an empty shell of every other movie's mold and you just pour all of the things you want into it.

I haven't actually read the books, and I'm sure they are surprisingly good, but from what I can tell from the movie; they must have been complete shyte. It was not given justice, just like Eragon was not given justice.

Also, Where the hell did these kids get all of their money? They stayed at the Bellagio in vegas(Where of course they did hallucinogenics for five days, I'm watching a kids movie, not "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, I had half expected them to start tearing apart their rooms and cutting grapefruit with a bowie knife.)! And they drove there. Where did they have money for gas? All they had, from what I can tell, was a few drachmas. Also they almost did the very story line of "Clash of the Titans". I know lets kill medusa and use her head to turn the beast into stone! Oh and lets use our Drachmas to get to hell! Which is in California!

Which reminds me, Why is New York Heaven and California Hell? Were they drawing some kind of a line for me to follow? And why was everything happening in America? I mean, if I were Zeus i'd find a nice place in Cancun.

Movie sucked, that's it.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, I guess I just can't argue about this film being a big old tub of BAD. Sure sounds terrible.

It's good thing i didn't read the books. I was planning to, but i glad i didn't waste my time.

All I have heard is bad things about this movie...
But I am tempted to watch it anyway... So tell me how bad is it?
Read the book instead. The book is 5/10 and the movie is 2/10.

why is the movie so bad, kindly explain?
1. The script of the movie is very lousy. If you haven't read the book, it feels lousier. Aside the main characters and the basic plot of the book, the movie has nothing to do with the book. They've changed so much!

2. Like the Original poster said, there is absolutely no character development in the movie (unlike the book).

3. The editing is poor. They have left way too many loop-holes in the story of the movie, things that are well explained in the book. Its like the director took the major 'action' scenes (or sub-scenes for that matter) from the book and duct-taped them together.

4. The Acting: Ghastly!

5. I think what pisses off me the most is that the director has screwed up the storyline so much, i'm not sure the future installments( if ever) of this series would be able to repair any of the damage done. It has been changed so much.
To give you a small example, the main Villain in the book has been omitted from the movie altogether. So imagine a Harry Potter movie without Voldemort. Its that ridiculous!