What scares you the most in films?

Tools    

I'm pretty susceptible to pale, dark-haired waterlogged Japanese girl ghosts, which means the first few years of the 00s were a bad time to be me.

Other than that; unnaturally fast or jerky movements and quasi-rational spirits tend to make me a bit uneasy in films.

I'm pretty susceptible to pale, dark-haired waterlogged Japanese girl ghosts, which means the first few years of the 00s were a bad time to be me.

Other than that; unnaturally fast or jerky movements and quasi-rational spirits tend to make me a bit uneasy in films.
you just reminded me of the blue kid in Ju-On. Freaked me out that did!

Generally anything with pulling teeth or the removal of teeth. Not like in a dentist's office, but if it's a form of torture. Also, insects, since I've always had a fear of bugs.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Also, insects, since I've always had a fear of bugs.
That reminded me of Aracniphobia I couldnt sit on the toilet for weeks after I watched that as a child I had to check everywhere before hand

What do you think of this, Yoda.

&feature=related

It's that weird stuff you can't wrap your mind around. Like in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre (sp?) That part where they capture the blond chick in the house and the family is trying to get "grandpa" to hit her on the head with a hammer, but he can't hold it right and instead he just starts sucking her finger?! I was done at that point.

What scares me most in films today is the unmitigated s**t that Hollywood tries to pass off as entertainment.

The only thing that really scares me is anything having to do with ghosts or spirits like Paranormal Activity (yes, that movie scared the hell out of me), and The Exorcist. I don't have a problem with gore unless it's somebody cutting their wrists. If any wrist cutting is involved I have to completely look away. Just thinking about it right now is making me a little queasy.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I love gore and love seeing the way these effects are made and done so I can watch and enjoy anything disgusting in horror films but my stomach comes up in my mouth when it is the dreaded nails and teeth, it is crazy I dont know what it is even in real life my wife and little sister can make me very queasy and cringe by pulling and flicking thier nails and the odd occaision there are fake ones on there they pull them off and omg im sweating and hiding my eyes.

I love gore and love seeing the way these effects are made and done so I can watch and enjoy anything disgusting in horror films but my stomach comes up in my mouth when it is the dreaded nails and teeth, it is crazy I dont know what it is even in real life my wife and little sister can make me very queasy and cringe by pulling and flicking thier nails and the odd occaision there are fake ones on there they pull them off and omg im sweating and hiding my eyes.
OK, serious question. Why do you "love gore?" It's something I really don't understand, even among teens, but you apparently are older and more mature since you're married. So what's the entertainment? Doesn't seem to me to take much imagination or talent to whip up fake blood and guts.

By the way, there was a Brit sci-fi film back in the late 50s, early 60s that "explained" why many humans can't stand the sound of fingernails on a blackboard. According to that movie, it was a passed-on fear because it was similar to the sound of giant bugs from outer space that had invaded and nearly killed off mankind ages before. In the film, they find some of the bug eggs while digging an underground line in London and some of the monsters are released with terrible results.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
OK, serious question. Why do you "love gore?" It's something I really don't understand, even among teens, but you apparently are older and more mature since you're married. So what's the entertainment? Doesn't seem to me to take much imagination or talent to whip up fake blood and guts.
I have always loved the movie buisness and everything to do with it and I find the gore and how realistic it looks amazing, its my personal prefferance.

...love seeing the way these effects are made and done.
I dont think it has anything to do with being mature what an odd thing to say.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Calm, collected torturers, like the nazi dentist in Marathon Man, or Mr. Blonde in Reservoir Dogs.....shudder

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Mr Blonde is awesome in Res Dogs, calm, collected, torturer with no feelings. I love seeing that in films seeing the non existant reason that "what im doing is wrong" like Leather Face just like a machine chopping and dismembering people for the Fun of it I suppose.

A system of cells interlinked
Michael Bay's directing!

Having your current spouse/girlfriend sleep walk and stare at you all night.

You know I feel like I have seen it before but I'm not sure. And yes I was specifically referring to Paranormal activity, that movie had me in tears at the end. (Crazy Ex's made that movie very surreal for me).