Absolutely WORST directors ever.

Tools    

This Uwe Boll journey will go no further.

No further!

A: Heads up, Alone in the Dark 2 is BETTER.

B: No, you HAVE to see Meat Loaf in Bloodrayne, and how bad House of the Dead is.

We might go way back and mention Sam Newfield, said to be the most prolific director of the sound era. His output is somewhat dubious, but he probably made at least 250 movies, nearly all of them deservedly forgotten. One that is not forgotten but lives on in infamy, showing up in late night college presentations (where I saw it a long time ago) is/was The Terror of Tiny Town, a low, low budget western entirely cast with little people.

I'm not sure just what makes someone the worst director, but this one deserves consideration.
I don't care for westerns... but I might watch this one!

I was impressed with the bartender drinking a glass of beer that was at least twice as big as his stomach...
Thanks to you guys I watched The Terror of Tiny Town (1938)...Interesting, with an all midget cast and this was made 1 year before The Wizard of Oz, a lot of them also appeared in that movie too.

I won't say this is a good movie but I was surprised that the film was made to be taken seriously and had almost no 'put downs' type jokes made at the expense of the midget performers. The movie is clearly a B western, made for Saturday kid matinees. That's why the story is simple and only an hour long. John Wayne in the 1930s, before he made Stagecoach, made a lot of these cheesy B matinee westerns, complete with horse tricks and singing cowboys. Anyway The Terror of Tiny Town had a decent script and it was good to see actors who would have otherwise not had a chance to star in a movie get their 15 minutes of fame. I thought the leading man and woman were both very personable.

I don't know how does it make me look in this thread, but I watched an Uwe Boll film that was actually good once. He's more than deserving of the spot for his videogame adaptations though.

It's too easy to go after directors of movies featured on MST3K, but I'm going with Coleman Francis, who made The Skydivers, Red Zone Cuba and The Beast of Yucca Flats (which I haven't seen yet), all of which are on the show. The first two are so devoid of purpose and entertainment value that it's no wonder that one of the riffs is "I may never experience joy again."

Dennis Dugan has an impressive profile. Might not be worse than Uwe Boll?

Among famous directors I think that Goddard's movies are really bland.

Happy Gilmore and Grown Ups were pretty funny to me. Grown Ups was a look of the divergence of a simple day in the life of, well, EVERYBODY. You meet with old friends at a funeral, so what do you do before the day of gloom? Goof off!

Dennis Dugan has an impressive profile. Might not be worse than Uwe Boll?

Among famous directors I think that Goddard's movies are really bland.
Dugan is cool imo

But i dont get calling Godard's work "bland" tbh

With The Castle of Fu Manchu becoming the new worst movie I've ever seen, Oasis of the Zombies being worse than House of the Dead, and The Diabolical Dr. Z being this director's so-called "best movie" and falling apart in the second half, it's becoming apparent that Jesus Franco may be my new pick for worst director on Earth.

Jess Franco is pretty great.

And I'm pretty sure The Awful Dr. Orloff or Vampyros Lesbos would be considered his best film. Diabolical Dr. Z is pretty sweet to though.

Jess Franco is pretty great.

And I'm pretty sure The Awful Dr. Orloff or Vampyros Lesbos would be considered his best film. Diabolical Dr. Z is pretty sweet to though.

I'll check those two out later. I found The Girl from Rio on YT, and 15 minutes in it's cheesy and slow and has very little character to it. I'll check out the best and worst of this guy. But already Franco's made the 1st and 3rd worst movies I've ever seen. There isn't even a director in my top 20 with more than one entry.