what would make a good slasher movie

Tools    

hi everyone, I was wondering why they're were so few good slashers made over the years.
in fact, since the 70's, countless slashers have been made and only a few are decent. I was wondering why good slashers were good?

The trick is not minding
The 80’s were the golden age of slashers, and was a period of some truly creative idea. However, they never really evolved past their basic premise.
Which is group of teens get naked and theN Die in exceedingly gruesome ways.
I grew up in that decade, and watched many of them, but they’re all basically the same.
There was a brief revival in the 90’s, with Scream which was deemed self referential slasher, both other then that, it just never caught back on.
The endless sequels didn’t help.
I’ve been looking at Italian giallo lately, since slashers were influenced heavily by them, and may get my fix through them soon.

Perhaps something I would write... yeah I can write.. here is the start of one of my horror stories.

"So you finally have opened your eyes? From now on, you will be awake for everything you are about to experience".

She looked up at me with anger in her eyes. I didn't care. She was going to get all that she deserved. All that I felt she deserved, which was a lot of suffering and pain. The b**ch loves horror, or so she says, so I will make her live through her own horror film. Yes, until I am done, she will experience the nightmare that she watched in so many films. Oh, those terrible slasher films. I hate how cheesy they are but you know the torture methods are great. I have always had a fascination with torture. Torture was part of life. Prisoners of War were tortured by their captives and now she is my captive and it's my turn. Not sure what was going through her mind at this moment and honestly I couldn't care less.

She turned her head a bit to see what was laying next to the table that she was pinned down on. Her hands and feet bound. There was no way she could move. She saw the medical instruments and household items laying next to the table.

Well the grindhouses collapsed and that killed the market though I disagree with the notion that Slashers are dead.

I think we've gotten a good one on average every year...

Halloween (2018)
Happy Death Day (2017)
Tragedy Girls (2017)
The Final Girls (2015)
Silent Night (2012)
You're Next (2011)
Scream 4 (2011)
The Hills Run Red (2009)
Sorority Row (2009)
Cold Prey 2 (2008)
Babysitter Wanted (2008)
The Strangers (2008)
Inside (2007)
Wrong Turn 2 (2007)
Behind the Mask Rise of Leslie Vernon (2006)
All the Boys love Mandy Lane (2006)
Cold Prey (2006)
House of Wax (2005)
High Tension (2003)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)

I think it's difficult for a film to gain cult status as we've lost video stores so some really good slashers just get lost in the shuffle. You also have to worry about remake bias because some (Sorority Row, Silent Night, House of Wax, TCM) are actually pretty good.