Which TV shows would you like brought back?

Tools    

Legend in my own mind
There are so many shows that are reboots or continuations of bygone shows.
Which shows would you like to see rebooted, reimagined or simply brought back?

I would start with Quantum leap :a superb and timeless concept. I loved the show, but I think now with a decent budget it could be incredible.

What about you?

I liked Quantum Leap, too. I think if they brought it back, I'd prefer a new character with the same premise. I don't want them to change the original characters and having a new character experiencing the leaps would make it fresh. They could mention that Sam was the first to make the leaps without giving away what happened to him or bring him back for a special episode.
I think Superman would actually make a better TV series than movie. The relationships between the people at the Daily Planet, especially Lois and Clark, were a big part of the comic book for many years and the series was usually much lighter than many other comics. I would prefer the show's creators were mostly faithful to the characters in the comic while creating their own storylines. I might accept if they borrow the basic premise of a story (say, a young Superman falls in love with a mermaid) but prefer they develop a different plot from there. I find it harder to enjoy movies or shows that borrow plots from the comics but tweak them too much. Readers of books made into movies often have this complaint but for some reason, it doesn't seem to bother most comics fans.

Legend in my own mind
I liked Quantum Leap, too. I think if they brought it back, I'd prefer a new character with the same premise. I don't want them to change the original characters and having a new character experiencing the leaps would make it fresh. They could mention that Sam was the first to make the leaps without giving away what happened to him or bring him back for a special episode.
I think Superman would actually make a better TV series than movie. The relationships between the people at the Daily Planet, especially Lois and Clark, were a big part of the comic book for many years and the series was usually much lighter than many other comics. I would prefer the show's creators were mostly faithful to the characters in the comic while creating their own storylines. I might accept if they borrow the basic premise of a story (say, a young Superman falls in love with a mermaid) but prefer they develop a different plot from there. I find it harder to enjoy movies or shows that borrow plots from the comics but tweak them too much. Readers of books made into movies often have this complaint but for some reason, it doesn't seem to bother most comics fans.
Agree on both points. A Superman series done well would be good, I enjoyed Smallville to a degree but it obviously focused on youth in the show and the target audience.

No idea how much they'd change if made today and some parts of them might not pack the cutting edge they once did, but I loved these four and think they all finished too soon.

Strange
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312209/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Ultraviolet
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169501/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_5

Kindred: The Embrace
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115232/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Cardiac Arrest
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108719/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Bodies
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0398427/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Also, while I sometimes think I was the only person to watch it (surely not?) I loved The Murder Game. I mean the BBC version as I've not seen the US verison. Again, I remember really enjoying it and looking forward to it each week.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0360290/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4

Good call, it really just seems like a matter of time until someone reboots Quantum Leap. Only question is whether they'll make Scott Bakula the new Al or just give him a cheeky cameo.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
There are so many shows that are reboots or continuations of bygone shows.
Which shows would you like to see rebooted, reimagined or simply brought back?

I would start with Quantum leap :a superb and timeless concept. I loved the show, but I think now with a decent budget it could be incredible.

What about you?
Good call, it really just seems like a matter of time until someone reboots Quantum Leap. Only question is whether they'll make Scott Bakula the new Al or just give him a cheeky cameo.

There was talk about making a "Quantum Leap" TV movie many years ago, but unfortunately it never happened. The movie was supposed to be about Sam's daughter being the new leaper. She was supposed to be trying to find her father, and bring him home.

Two HBO shows that were utterly brilliant, but had only 2 seasons each (though a 3rd season would have wrapped things up nicely in each show) are The Comeback & Enlightened. Lisa Kudrow starred in the 1st show & Laura Dern in the 2nd show. Two of the best HBO shows ever imo.

Even though the last season sucked, I wouldn't mind if HBO brought back Oz. I'm also the only person on the planet who was watching Dirty Sexy Moneyon ABC and would love to see it come back as well.

The truth is in here
I'm the kind of person who thinks a revival most of the time is completely unneccessary. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, but outside of maybe a reunion special I think there's a reason why some shows are left the way they are. If you ruin a perfect ending with a continuation, that conclusion is forever tainted. And getting the original actors back doesn't help if you can't get the writing right. I mostly had fun with The X-Files' revival, but the mythology episodes completely took away the mystique of the alien conspiracy. Now we're forced to live with the worst possible ending to the show, with no possible chance for another try. And even if FOX did decide to renew it, it's highly unlikely Gillian Anderson would agree to appear.

If you want to bring a show back, you should do it sooner rather than later. After a while it might be too late to recreate the magic.

However, there is one show that I'd want to continue: Aquarius. It was left so openended and was getting really exciting, but then you just have nothing left but that cliffhanger.

Mission Hill would've been nice to give another season, but now it's been almost 20 years since it ended. It wouldn't be made with that nice traditional animation anymore.