Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Duplicate Account (locked)
Ah, he was just joking around, you know word play, as in a play on words.

Anyway....let's change the subject...so tell me CringeFest what else annoys you: sesame seeds stuck in your teeth? geez I hate that one myself especially when I'm out of dental floss and have to use #8lb test fishing line to get that pesky seed out!

I was trying to get captain steel to say something about how heroic he is, i wasn't trying to make him mad i've tried that before and you just end up being miserable or getting erased

Oh god, this is prison, and by talking to Yoda i'm now the rat! It's THAT kinda place! Time to start talking about politics again!

Comcast/Xfinity is a PITA lately. Before, you could loop through a couple of robots before connecting with a real person, but it’s not so easy now. Spent at least 10 minutes & finally reached the Philippines.

My issue was Comcast now charges $70 for an in-house visit. As early as last year, this used to be free.

During the last billing cycle my wifi kept dropping. This lasted 10 days & I had to wait 7 days for a tech visit. The tech gave me a new modem, but when he went outside to check everything turned out the underground cable (at least 20 years old) had deteriorated & I needed a new one. A few days later they came out & laid a new cable & all is well again. (Sounds like a big job, but it wasn’t.)

But shocked to see the $70 on my monthly bill of $130, which includes basic cable. Did they really think I was going to pay $70 for Comcast to fix their own cable?

Long story short Comcast withdrew the $70 charge & I don’t have to pay it.

Duplicate Account (locked)
Comcast/Xfinity is a PITA lately. Before, you could loop through a couple of robots before connecting with a real person, but it’s not so easy now. Spent at least 10 minutes & finally reached the Philippines.

My issue was Comcast now charges $70 for an in-house visit. As early as last year, this used to be free.

During the last billing cycle my wifi kept dropping. This lasted 10 days & I had to wait 7 days for a tech visit. The tech gave me a new modem, but when he went outside to check everything turned out the underground cable (at least 20 years old) had deteriorated & I needed a new one. A few days later they came out & laid a new cable & all is well again. (Sounds like a big job, but it wasn’t.)

But shocked to see the $70 on my monthly bill of $130, which includes basic cable. Did they really think I was going to pay $70 for Comcast to fix their own cable?

Long story short Comcast withdrew the $70 charge & I don’t have to pay it.

Have you watched any of of the comcast videos on youtube? My internet provider t-mobile has pretty terrible customer too, it was hard for me to log into my account and check my bandwidth, mostly because they have issues with department integration and advertise their services intentionally to milk you, but some of those comcast videos are just rediculous. People would call them, ask to cancel their service, and the the comcast employee would take them for a ride.

Dogs. Now I love dogs but during lockdown it seems a lot on my street bought a dog... normally it would be fine but they seem to be people who can't train their dogs to stop barking or just don't care that they are barking.

Both sides of the street now you can't walk on the public footpath without a dog jumping up at you and barking its head off if they are out the front, not a nice experiance...

Have you watched any of of the comcast videos on youtube? My internet provider t-mobile has pretty terrible customer too, it was hard for me to log into my account and check my bandwidth, mostly because they have issues with department integration and advertise their services intentionally to milk you, but some of those comcast videos are just rediculous. People would call them, ask to cancel their service, and the the comcast employee would take them for a ride.
Yes, this does happen. Forget if I read it or it was on Twitter or wherever, but a guy tried to cancel his Comcast subscription & the phone tech gave him the most terrible time. IIRC, this went on for some hours. The phone tech got quite abusive.

Dogs. Now I love dogs but during lockdown it seems a lot on my street bought a dog... normally it would be fine but they seem to be people who can't train their dogs to stop barking or just don't care that they are barking.
I can relate. We have “Thor”, a pittie directly across the street on the 2nd floor, which happens to face our bedroom unfortunately. Thor is an ok doggie, known him since he was a puppy, but when Thor is left alone he barks non-stop. He can literally bark for 6 hours or more straight. Even longer because he has separation anxiety. As soon as they come home (I believe they do restaurant work) he instantly stops.

Not gonna call the police on a neighbor. I wait until I can’t stand it a minute longer then I rush across the street & scream for someone to keep him quiet. For some reason, this always works. Doesn’t happen often (maybe once or twice a year), but so annoying. Especially since I have super-sensitive hearing even with earplugs.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
People who think it's okay to show up 20 minutes late for a 15 minute appointment and then get upset when you tell them they won't be seen.
oh you would hate me, then.
not sure I would ever complain about it though. i mean, i knew i was late 20 minutes before leaving the house for an appointment that was scheduled probably 5 minutes before that.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

People who think it's okay to show up 20 minutes late for a 15 minute appointment and then get upset when you tell them they won't be seen.
Chronically unpunctual people always think their time is more important than anyone else’s.

oh you would hate me, then.
not sure I would ever complain about it though. i mean, i knew i was late 20 minutes before leaving the house for an appointment that was scheduled probably 5 minutes before that.

This reminds me of one of my pet peeves - Doctors who threaten to charge you if you cancel an appointment without 24 hours notice... but who make you wait 2 or more hours in a waiting room.

(My mom sees a renal Dr. who has NEVER had less than a 2 hour wait even when the office appears visibly empty. On one occasion they even made me and my mom wait 5 hours!!!)

If they can threaten a charge for a missed appointment, then patients should have the right to do the same. Every patient should show up at Dr's offices (that threaten cancellation charges) armed with a document that says they will be billing the Dr. $10.00 for every minute (after a given 10 minute leeway period) they are forced to wait PAST the designated appointment time.

This reminds me of one of my pet peeves - Doctors who threaten to charge you if you cancel an appointment without 24 hours notice... but who make you wait 2 or more hours in a waiting room.
Greedy doctors who over-schedule. I had a notorious dermatologist like this. I switched to a better doctor.

Mind you, all doctors do this to a much lesser degree. One is optimistic when one moves out of the waiting room to the exam room, but then comes the long dreaded wait in a paper gown.

Like everyone else in pre-war buildings I had them in my Manhattan apartment for 10 years. But never seen one since thanks God.

When I'm at work and clients start ranting at me about politics and all I can do is bite my tongue because I almost never agree with them but arguing would be considered unprofessional.

I think that one is very difficult MV. I know I used to have real trouble with that kind of stuff. I don't know how or if I'd even have been able to keep stchum if I had to work with the public. I was in a chip shop a couple of months ago and there was a bloke in there talking all kinds of crap with the owner. Flat earth stuff, ,y'know. If that, then why this? TBF the owner was doing his best to answer the questions as best he could but there was something I could answer he couldn't. Back in the old days I'd have interjected and answered the question, but I've learned. These people don't want to really know. They just want to have their own thoughts and/or prejudices re-enforced.

I think that one is very difficult MV. I know I used to have real trouble with that kind of stuff. I don't know how or if I'd even have been able to keep stchum if I had to work with the public. I was in a chip shop a couple of months ago and there was a bloke in there talking all kinds of crap with the owner. Flat earth stuff, ,y'know. If that, then why this? TBF the owner was doing his best to answer the questions as best he could but there was something I could answer he couldn't. Back in the old days I'd have interjected and answered the question, but I've learned. These people don't want to really know. They just want to have their own thoughts and/or prejudices re-enforced.
So right. People (bores) like this are very bad listeners. They’re not interested in a civilized discussion, but, rather, only the promulgation of their idiocies.

When I'm at work and clients start ranting at me about politics and all I can do is bite my tongue because I almost never agree with them but arguing would be considered unprofessional.
When you have to deal with the public this comes with the territory. I get it all the time as well. It always amazes me what people are willing to say to a complete stranger or at least somebody that they don't know very well. I used to let them say their piece and follow with "Yeah, I don't follow politics" but I don't even mess around anymore. If I feel politics coming I just cut em off with the old "I gotta get going" which I'm lucky to have as an out. If they're handing me a check maybe I listen a little. And if the mood strikes and I know they don't get sarcasm, I'll do some back and forth for my own amusement.

The last post reminded me a little of something that used to happen when I went to parties...

Let me say first, I discovered I don't really like parties (kind of a moot point since the pandemic).

But back in the day, there'd always be someone who'd show up at a party, stay for about 20 minutes or so, then announce they were leaving because they had to be somewhere else or had other people to see. They were usually met with: Thanks so much for coming. Too bad you couldn't stay longer. It was great of you to stop in! We hope you'll come back next time, etc.

After they left it would be followed up with; He's such a great guy (or girl or couple), so exciting, so busy, has so many friends, etc. ... basically admiration for having a lifestyle that made them in such demand that they couldn't stay at parties for more than a half hour (where the reality was probably more like the person or couple had some food, had a couple drinks, began to get bored, and split).

So I decided, instead of staying at parties for hours, invariably becoming one of the clean up crew, dealing with the afterhours drunken arguments or emotional breakdowns that would sometimes occur when only the main-stayers were left, I'd try the same tactic - just stay for a while, have a bite and a couple drinks then leave before things became tiresome.

But when I tried announcing I was leaving because I "had to be somewhere" or just had to go, I was met with things like: Where do you have to go? What, do you know people more important than us? That's pretty rude! Since when are you the man-about-town or some kind of party hopper? Oh, you're too important to hang out with US now? You're not going to help clean up? You're just going to eat and run? You're not going anywhere!

I'd always get something between irritated sarcasm or outright anger, and it didn't matter if it was family gettogethers, holiday parties, a gathering of close friends, a large party of friends & associates, or even a work party.

It was very annoying and I never could figure out why most other people's goodbyes were met with kindness, gratitude and admiration, while my attempts were always met with irritation, anger and hostility.