idea for a plot

Tools    

hello, in these hard and boring times, I decided to write a script for fun. Even tho I have a good idea of what I want to make. (because next year I go to film school and I will have to make a movie so I decided to practice writing scripts) Because theyre will be no special effects or anything of the sort I tried to go with a script that looked like the one from american graffiti where a group of people just wonder around in th city. The problem is I have my initial situation where the group is chilling inside their house but I need to find a reason for them to leave the house and wonder in town. A little bit like the white castle plot in harold and kumar or even the booze in super bad. I dont know if I made myself clear but anyway thanks in advance

How about they need to find some toilet paper during a pandemic?

Sat here for about 10 minutes thinking.
I got it.

They leave the house to go on a pub crawl... but one of the group is teetotal.
Backstory for him/her is they almost died from alcohol poisoning 6 months ago so they stopped drinking, and this night out is the first time they've been out with the group since the incident.

Story is centered around the perception of binge drinking from the viewpoint of a sober person, who used to act this way.
Could have a thread through the movie that they want a drink, but cannot bring himself to actually do it.

Kind of a face-your-demons thing.

The various situations in various pubs and clubs, random incidents of drunkenness in the different establishments, the group dynamic and behaviour of the people in the group... all witnessed and narrated by the sober character.